- November 16, 2005Current mood:contentToday is a happy day. We finally got our wedding presents shipped to us yesterday and we are so stoked to get them unpacked and start using them! It's almost like we get to celebrate getting married all over again because we pretty much forgot what we got, and we get to open them again. I love our dishes and I truly believe that our food will taste better on them. Now if I could just find enough time to write out thank you notes. They are time consuming little buggers......but I heard that we have a year to finish them.....is that true?
North Carolina is going to have a huge weather change. Today it's 79 degrees and tomorrow the high is going to be 50 degrees. I am excited to start having cold weather, but I wish there was a slower progress from 79 to 50 degrees instead of one day. Fall is a strange thing here in the South East. We had the color change on the leaves but it really only lasted a week. Thank goodness I got some great pictures right at the peak of the color fiesta, but already leaves are dropping and the trees are starting to look bare and it makes me sad. But at the same time I am seeing leaves collecting on the side of the road and covering pretty much everything. I used to see movies where a family spends the day raking up leaves in fall and then the kids jump around in the piles. I wish that I could do that.....but we don't have our own personal collection of leaves since we don't have any big trees in front of our house. Maybe this time next year I can rake up some leaves and jump around in them when we have our own house! Hee hee.
The dogs are doing better. We have been able to leave them in the house for 5 hours at a time without them having accidents or destroying things. I don't think that the chewing on rugs....or chewing on anything phase is over just yet, but at least they are handling it better. The total destruction from yesterday was 1 napkin shredded and scattered around the house. If that's all we have to deal with, then I believe that we are lucky. Our home itself has some more work to be done, but it's mostly just cosmetic things. We need to organize and put stuff where it needs to go. Dan and I are both bad at leaving clutter around and we both want to learn how to stop that habit. We'll see how it goes.
Thanksgiving is getting very close. I am starting to get excited about the holidays with every new Christmas comercial that comes on the boob tube. This will be the first time in 25 years that I will not be spending the holidays with my family. As of right now I am okay with it, but I have this sneaking feeling that it's gonna make me VERY sad once we get closer. I know my mom is bummed about it because she tells me so almost every time we talk. This is all just part of the growing up process. Our parents had to go through it and start their own life traditions and we have to do the same. Sometimes I wish there could be an easier arrangement between California and North Carolina. It's a 3,000 mile distance between the two and I can feel it. It was nice to be able to spend a weekend with my family and not have to schedule flights and transportation to and from the airport, or take time off work. I now have that flexibility with Dan's family, but it just isn't the same. I love them, but it's going to take time for them to feel like my family. It took 21 years for me to get where I'm at with my own family. I miss my niece. We were so close to each other especially while I was living with them, and now I'm so far away. She doesn't even really know who I am. I don't know how I am going to have the kind of relationship that I want with her being so far away and so removed from her life. I guess this is why so many families live close to each other. Distance makes everything so much harder. With everything that I just said, I want to make it clear that I don't regret making the move to North Carolina. As difficult as it is to be far away from my family and friends in Cali, it would be unbearable to be away from Dan, and since the day we met he has proven to me over and over again that he is my family....and I am his.....I wouldn't give that up for the world.
This was not meant to be a sad blog....it started off with today is a happy day.....and it is.....so my slight meloncholy should be ignored. All in all I am content. I wake up every morning in a huge, soft and comfortable bed next to the best person I know. I am greeted daily with over exuberant undying love from my 2 furry companions. I have warm clothes to put on when it is cold, and I have flip flops to wear when it is hot. I have a vehicle to get me from here to there instead of having to take the bus, and I have always been fortunate enough to have a job and earn money. I have words dancing in my head and the ability to express myself and best of all, I have people in my life who let me express myself to my hearts content. I am one lucky girl, and on most days......I know it! I'm going to keep these things in the back of my mind as Thanksgiving gets closer. It's far too easy for me to lose sight on what is important......the things that I am thankful for.
Current mood:bored1. If you only had one hour to live, what would you do in that hour?Get my family and close friends together, tell them I love them and hold tight to them for the entire hour. I’d probably cry a lot too.
2. Would you ever consider being a porn star?I would be a porn star if it meant the end of starvation and world hunger….since that is unrealistic…..NO.
3. What are you wearing right now? Long black skirt with a slit up the front, white tank top, red low cut V-neck shirt with ties on the shoulders…..black open toe slip on shoes (I’m at work)
4. If you were an animal what would you be?
Monkey….so I could throw my poop at you
5. What are you listening to right now?
6. Why do you like myspace?
Keeping in touch with friends….posting things on my page
7. What is the most expensive object you own?
Probably my SUV…..although I now own my husbands truck….no prenup
8. What’s your favorite hobby? Photography
9. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Beer
10. What time do you normally go to bed every night? I can’t seem to get into bed before midnight
11. What’s your favorite time of the day? Twilight
12. What is your favorite time of the year?Christmas holidays
13. Where would you go on a trip if you could get up and go right now? Italy
14. Are you in love, or wish to be in love someday?I am in love with the best man that I have ever known
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
16. Who is your best friend?My husband with Stephie coming in a close second
17. Who was your first true love ever?Dan….the men before him were never as true
18. How many kids do you want?two with an option
19. What type of guy/gal do you find attractive?
Honest, hardworking, dependable…..no one ever says a lying, cheating, undependable abusive person……
20. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?1 tattoo, 3 ear piercings
21. What names would you name your children?1. Madeline2. Lucy3. Jordan4. Spencer5. Elliot6. Parker7. Aiden
22. Name your all time favorite song ever?I think this may be too difficult a question…..there are too many, but for the sake of this question…..God Bless The Broken Road-Rascal Flatts
23. Name your top five favorite cds?
-for me (right now)1. Rent
2. Rascal Flatts (any album)
4. The Wedding Album (from our wedding)
5. Kenny Chesney (any album)
24. Name your top favorite movies?1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Sex and the City series (I own them all and they are not movies, but always my fav)
3. Jerry Maguire….all around great movie
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. Sense and Sensibility….some may say it’s boring, but I love it!
25. Favorite Pills?
The ones that keep me from having the babies…..Birth Control
26. What did you drink last?Coffee
27. When was the last time you had sex?
If you are my friend or family reading this…..I don’t think you really want the answer to this question.
28. Would you rather take a shower or bath?Bath…..but it’s an investment of time I don’t usually have
29. Whats you beer of choice?Blue moon, Newcastle, Amber bock and sometimes Guinness
30. What is your favorite holiday?Tie between Christmas and my birthday…..what? My birthday should be a holiday!
31. Do you consider yourself cool?
Not really…..but I don’t have a desire to be “cool” I like being me just fine
32. Would you send your kids to public/private school?Public…..private school kids just have more money to buy harder drugs
33. What is one bad habit you need to stop?
Biting my nails
34. Where would you like to retire?Maui, Hawaii
35. Whats one of your favorite TV shows?CSI, Crossing Jordan, Felicity…..it plays on the “WE” channel
36. What is your favorite city?San Francisco
37. Whats your favorite food?Pizza
hmmm where is 38...
39. What is your favorite candy?
Peanut butter cups
40. What's your favorite ice cream?
Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food
41. If you got plastic surgery, what would you get done?
I’m not big on pain, so surgery isn’t in my cards, but I’d get my lazy eye fixed
43. What is your favorite book at the moment?
I am going through all of my books that I’ve already read….theres like 100 or more of them
44. What is your dream job?Crime Scene Investigator
45. What eye color do you find sexy and irrestible?Brown
Current mood:aggravatedI feel like evertime I write in here I am moody and bitching about something. I am gonna try and change that, but it's not going to start today. I love my dogs. They are great animals and fun to have around. Dan and I have had countless hours of entertainment just from watching them do stupid shit......but I tell ya.....sometimes I feel like killing them. Or leaving them on the side of the road somewhere. When they are driving me nuts, I often tell them that I am going to give them away to a bad dog food company and have them made into dog food. I don't think they believe me, casue they continue to aggrivate me. Neither Tyson nor Henry were very destructive when they were little puppies. There was one mishap with a shoe....sorry Hannah, and they got to a DVD case and mangled it.....sorry Erin, and they even attempted to eat part of a wall at Dan's parent's house, but it was never a constant issue and mostly just puppy behavior. Now they are 10 and 11 months and Tyson has decided that he wants to shred things. It started out with small stuff like toilet paper and paper towels, progressed to his toys that were made with fabric....he would bust open a stuffed toy and we would find white fluffy stuffing all over the house. Now his new bad behaior has been directed to our rugs. We bought a large living room rug and a runner that matched a few weeks ago and really loved them. They were $90.00 off Craigslist which isn't a ton of money, but a good chunk for rugs. The day after we got them, Tyson chewed on the corner of the runner. He got yelled at and both rugs got sprayed with bitter apple spray. Last week, Tyson chewed on the corner of the large rug,....again he got yelled at and the rugs got another coat of bitter apple spray. This past weekend Dan and I went grocery shopping and when we got home the runner had a large chunk missing fron the side of it. Again, again, Tyson got yelled at and bitter apple was applied. Yesterday Tyson did some more damage to the runner in the same place. We were so mad!!! I honestly don't know what to do with him. I know that he is not the smartest dog, but what the heck.....how many times do we need to yell at him for him to get the idea into his stupid head not to chew or shred the rugs. Our runner is now ruined and in the trash, and I can't bear to imagine our big rug being destroyed. How can we get him to stop? My brother mentioned sprinkling cayenne pepper on the perimiter of the rug. I think that I might try that, but if it doesn't work, Tyson may need a new home, because Dan might kill him otherwise. Anyone know anyone who wants a mixbreed dog who likes to chew on rugs? Let me know! Haha
Current mood:hopefulSo, I registered with a temp agency so that they could help me in my search to find a job. I went down to the office and took a word and excel test and a typing test. I can officially type 58 words per minute and that is with the fake nails I had on from my wedding (they are now off, but that is a different painful story) which is pretty good for having long nails. I had no intention of actually taking an temp jobs.....but here I am working as a temp. I am at a construction company called Yonkers Industries.....does anyone find that a weird name for a company in Cary, North Carolina? Anway....there is a possibility that there is an accounting position in this company, but they have a lot of catch up work to do before they hire anyone, so here I am doing the worst work ever! I take boxes filled with hanging file folders and many many many papers, and punch holes in all of the papers, and put them all in 3 ring binders. There are like 50 boxes full of these things and I can only punch 10 pieces of paper at a time. SUCK! I really like the company, and I really like the people here and the fact that they have free sodas and juice in the fridge and crackers and cookies, and muffins and doughnuts. I would like a job here which is the only reason why I am putting up with this crap work, but the big question that is haunting me is.....am I really just temporary? After doing all of this shit are they just going to release me back to the temp agency? I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but damn the papercuts!!!!
Tuesday, November 1, 2005
Posted by geetabean at 7:04 PM