- Current mood:tired01. What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
i own a Jessica Simpson CD and i pretty much despise her.
02. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
i don't usually raid, but since getting preggo Dan and i eat cake almost every night......yea cravings!.
03. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Beaches, Steel Magnolias....anything sappy or when a character dies.
04. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
maybe a boob lift after I'm done having babies.
05. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
when I'm alone in my house over night I think there is a bad man in the other room waiting to kill me.
06. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments?
I pick at my nails, or bite them
07. Are you a pyromaniac?
08. Do you have too many love interests?
just my hubby.
09. Do you know anyone famous? not anyone famous enough to be called famous
10. Describe your bed:
king size, european latex rubber mattress (very luxurious), 450 thread count sheets, down comforter w/ jaccard duvet cover which sits beautifully on the floor since about my 5th month of pregnancy. also the horse shoe pillow which is fantastic for pregnant woman.
11. Are you spontaneous or planned?
i am a planner big time.
12. Who would play you in a movie?
my husband says Drew Barrymore-brunette.
13. Do you know how to play poker?
14. What do you carry with you at all times?
15. What do you miss most about being a kid?
not having any worries....like bills....work.....general responsibilities
16. Are you happy with your given name?
i don't love my name but it has been mine for 26 years.....I'm kinda used to it
17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
probablyt a 500,000
18. What color is your bedroom?
19. What was the last song you were listening to?
midnight train to georgia in the car on the way home from dinner.
20. Have you ever been in a play?
quite a few.
21. Have you ever been in love?
22. Do you talk a lot?
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
most of the time.
24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
yeah.....i feel like they could easily get a job at Mickey D's but they feel like they are too good for that, or it's too easy for them to take handouts. There is always a way out of a bad situation.....sometimes it's not what you like, or what you wish, but there's always a way.
25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?
mostly my hubby.
27. What is your ideal marriage location?
on the beach in maui.
28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
29. Favorite fabric?
to feel.....silk, to wear.....cotton
30. Something you love and hate?
31. What kind of bedding do you use?
i think we already covered this one!
32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
just very close ones.
33. What's the one language you want to learn?
34. How do you eat an apple?
cut into sections
35. What do you order at a bar?
beer (when I'm not pregnant).
36. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
not on my own.....someone else pierced my ears and belly button
37. Do you have tattoos?
38. Do you drive a stick?
39. Favorite trait of the opposite sex?
eyes and arms
40. What's one trait you hate in a person?
41. What kind of watch do you wear?
usually none, but a dual time zone watch when I do
42. Most frivolous purchase?
43. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
no, but like anyone else, i like what i have.
44. What do you cook the best?
45. Favorite writing instrument?
computer keyboard and pens
46. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
blending in while standing out
47. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
48. What's one car you will never buy?
49. What kind of books do you like to read?
50. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
buy a huge house in San Diego, pay off our house in Smithfield and my parents house in the OC, buy us a new family vehicle, put away enough money for our kids college & invest the rest.
51. Burial or cremation?
52. How many online journals do you read regularly?
53. What's one thing you're a loser at?
54. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
i usually avoid them.
55. Do you cry in front of your friends?
if i feel like crying, yes.
56. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
i think i come off as outgoing and nice.
57. What's one thing you like to do alone?
58. Are you a giver or a taker?
59. When's the last time you cried?
last week probably.
60. Favorite communication method?
61. How many drinks before you're tipsy?
two to three
62. Do you think you're cute?
yes.......not as much during pregnancy
63. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
Now I'm going to sleep in my bed that I described to ya'll. GOODNIGHT!!
Current mood:peacefulYesterday was a fantastic day!! Dan and I joined the Riverwood Country Club. Yeah, I know......a country club! But it is really nice. There are three locations that we can use and the closest one is less than half a mile from us. We have a pool and gym with child care which will come in handy come September, and there is a 27 hole golf course. And another location has a huge water slide and a lazy river. Having a pool is so much fun, we went swimming yesterday for a couple of hours and basked in the beautiful sun......it feels like we are on vacation all the time.
We also had a BBQ yesterday with out next door neighbors. Dan grilled bratwurst and corn on the cobb and we had some delicious water melon. It is really starting to feel like home here and we are settling into domestication very nicely. Today is Memorial day and I don't really have any plans......clean the house, do some laundry and watch movies on TV, Jumanji is on. Nice and relaxing.
Madeline is doing well as far as we can tell. She is learning womb gymnastics and starting to get really active. Her movements are very consistent and Dan and I both have a great time feeling her and making up stories about what she is doing and things that she likes and dislikes. She definitely likes when mommy goes swimming!! Haha. I have been good and haven't bought anything new for the baby or her room in about a month but still have yet to start working on her room. I think I may look into starting this weekend. We have all of her furniture, I just need to paint and deccorate etc. We'll see if I can get to it.
This time next Monday we will be in California and I am REALLY excited!! I can't wait to see my friends and family memebers and to go to the beach. Dan and I are going down to San Diego for 2 days and we are going to visit our old stomping grounds and eat eat eat. We are also having a baby shower which will be fun and really get me excited/ready for Maddie. I'll make sure to take pictures. Well I better get going, the dogs need to be fed and I want to have the floors clean before Dan gets home. Hopefully everyone has a great Memorial Day!
Current mood:ecstaticLast night when Dan and I were in bed, I told him that Madeline was kicking me and like always Dan put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel anything.......and HE DID! It's official, people other than me can feel my baby from the outside. Dan was so excited and I was really happy for him that he could finally be involved in my pregnancy in that way. He has been wanting to feel movement since the day I first felt her move. It's really werid though because I went from not feeling her at all to feeling small kicks, to having her karate chop me and roll around in my belly in a very short progression. I can actually feel her roll over or flip.......it's bizarre!!! My neighbor asked me yesterday if I think I'll get sick of feeling her move all the time. It can be bothersome when I want to go to sleep (which seems to be her new favorite time to kick) but it reminds me that there really is a baby inside me and that she is doing well and that is such a blessing......I don't think that I will ever get sick of it......although ask me again after she starts running out of room in there and is elbowing me in the ribs. That might be a different story.
Well, I better get back to my new full time job......unpacking. Things are really coming together and we hope to have everything in it's place by the end of this weekend. So far things are looking great and I am REALLY happy with the new house. It was the right decision and although the timing probably wasn't the best, everything has fallen into place and God has really taken care of us.
Current mood:happyI am very pleased to announce that we are FINALLY moved into our new home!!! It took us a long time and a lot of sweat and tears but we finally got all the painting done, all the flooring done and all the packing done. Now all we have to do is unpack......AGAIN! I am so totally stoked on our new house. I thought that our furniture was going to have a hard time fitting because we have a huge couch and a huge king size bed etc. but it all fits and we have plenty of room and everything looks fabulous! My favorite room is the den/office where we have the computer desk and an entertainment center with TV, DVD etc. and a new couch that we bought. I've never had a room that was solely an office/den.......it's usually an office/guestroom. It's a nice feeling to have enough rooms that you can make certain ones very specific! Anyway.....We have internet today and tomorrow we will get cable and sometime next week we will have phone service. Things couldn't be better.....unless all of our stuff unpacked itself! Haha. Enough rambling. I'm tried. We're gonna watch American Idol on fuzzy free cable tonight. Much love!
Monday, May 1, 2006
Posted by geetabean at 7:12 PM