Friday, February 1, 2008

The best thing

It is unbelievably amazing to watch my daughter learn. She is in the stage right now where she is like a sponge.....she mimicks and repeats (or tries to) things that you say to her. Watching her bring her sippy cup to me and both sign and say juice, or her approximation of the word juice makes me giddy inside. She looks so proud of herself, so accomplished. I feel like jumping for joy every time she points out a body part to me when I ask....."Maddie, where are your ears?" I LOVE that I can ask her to do something and 75% of the time she does it......like, "bring Mama your shoes," she still gets distracted 25% of the time, but it still amazes me!!! It knocks my socks off that when she starts to get tired she can sign sleep to us so we know she wants to go to bed. I know these are normal things for kids to do and to learn, but it just blows me away that I have known her from day one when she couldn't do any of these things and I get to see her transform......I am the lucky one who gets to see her become the little person that she is. (Dan too!) I've never experienced anything like this before. I often wonder if other people feel the same way that I do.....I mean I know not everyone does otherwise child neglect wouldn't exist, but do other mama's who love thier babies as much as I love Maddie just stare at their kids in wonder? Is it more of a stay at home Mama thing since we get to see them every minute of every day? I just can't get over how much she is growing and changing and learning. I gotta tell ya....being a mom is the best thing I've ever done in my life. I'm surprised that more people don't try it. Parenting is as hard and exhausting and mentally taxing as everyone says, but it's also THE most rewarding thing ever.

End of public service announcement.  hehe

No comments:

County McCounterson