Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bad day

I'm having a bad day, and aparently so is my child. I'm sure that we are feeding off one another, but what started it......her bad mood or mine? There is so much going on around this house, and I feel like there is so much I need to get done, but never enough time. Dan has been working on building the deck since last Tuesday so all of his days off have been dedicated to deck work......which I totally understand needs to happen, but that leaves me without my right arm which I am used to having on his days off.

After Maddie decided not to take a nap, I called a friend of mine and asked her if Maddie and I could come over this afternoon because we desperately needed to get out of the house and away from the construction zone and all the dust that has covered my house. On our way out to the car Maddie decided to brave the stair by herself (which she can normally do just fine) and fell down all 4 of them landing on her face on the concrete. Talk about a scraped up bloody face.....she was SO sad and looked so aweful, I know it's gonna get worse looking as it scabs over. It was such an ordeal to clean it up because she was screaming her head off. This poor child can not seem to stay balanced on her feet. At her 18 month check up her Dr. said that she had grown 2 inches in the last 3 months and that was probably causing her to be so clumsy recently.....man am I ready for her to get used to her longer legs and stop hurting her poor little face.

Dan is finishing up the railing for the stairs and then the deck will be complete. I will post pictures of the whole process later.....maybe tomorrow. I'm going to go out and pick us up dinner in about 30 minutes because we have no food in the house right now.....yet another task that needs to happen but we don't seem to have the time.....and then we have bible study tonight. It will be nice to get away from the house and have a sitter for Maddie and be around our friends who always give us support. Then we will go to bed and this day will be over, FINALLY! I am not looking forward to this weekend because Dan has to work 3 days in a row and that's never fun, but next week is our 5 days off week and if I just keep reminding myself of that, I can get through it. Okay, I need to get going, Maddie has gotten into the potato bin and is trying to eat a raw sweet potato......what am I gonna do with her? lol



No comments:

County McCounterson