Monday, September 1, 2008

September 2008

So Excited!!!

September 18, 2008

I am so super excited because I just bought tickets for Dan and I to go see Zac Brown Band next month!  They are so cool!  We haven't been out to see a band live in forever.....now all we need to do is find a babysitter.  SOO STOKED!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed49S2nyBD0

 
 
 


  • Ahhh

    Current mood:amused
    "I lu you blu-bre," she said to her blueberry yogut.

    Ahhhh A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E

  • Poop blog

    It has been 6 days since Charlotte has pooped and she is MISERABLE.  So are the rest of us as a matter of fact.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I've given her Karo syrup in 2 ounces of water, I've done leg exercises like she was riding a bike multiple times every day, I've massaged her abdomen, I've kept her upright with her legs bent as much as I can,  I've tried taking her temp rectally because I've heard that can stimulate her to go.  Nothing is working.  She has been really unhappy and in pain for the last couple days, she is not sleeping well during the day or at night and she has gas all day long, and it seems painful to her because she cries and thrashes around when she farts, and man do they STINK!  I've read and been told by her pedi that breastfed babies can go up to a week without pooping and they are totally fine, but is it really fine when they are in pain for most of that week?  I mean I'd have no problem if she only pooped once a week (less diaper changes for me) as long as she acted okay, and wasn't hurting because of it.  This isn't fair.....for anyone involved.  She needs to poop, and I don't know how thats gonna happen, everyday I've woken up thinking that today is the day she will poop, but thus far I've been wrong.  Tomorrow will be day 7 and I believe I'm supposed to take her to the doctor if she doesn't poop for 7 days.....or maybe that means I would take her on Tuesday??  I don't know, and I have no idea what the doctor would do to help the situation pass.....punn totally intended.  I'm going crazy and have never wanted to see poop so much in my life.  Please pray!!!!  LOL

    She looks all innocent, but picture her angry and crying and not pooping!!

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  • Another 365 days gone by

    Current mood:blessed
    Two years ago today, I was handed an 8 pound 7 ounce bundle of treasure whom we named Madeline.  I understood the hugeness of the responsibility I was given, but I had no way of knowing the joy that was going to engulf my life through this little girl.  Her smile shoots rays of sunshine through the cloudiest of days, her laugh pierces even the grumpiest of grumps.  She has a zest for life and looks at the world with completely innocent eyes.  Every night before I go to sleep, I thank the Lord for giving me Maddie, for she is everything I dreamt about, the very best of Dan and I.
    Two years ago Maddie was totally reliant on us for her every need, today she is such an independent girl.  She cleans up her toys, she can feed herself with both a spoon and a fork and she can brush her hair and her teeth.  Two years ago she would stay where I put her and would spend most of the time on her back, or tummy.  Today, she never stops moving and hardly ever stays in one spot for long.  She can run and jump and swing and stand on one foot.  Two years ago she could only communicate by crying, today she knows sign language and a vault of words.  She can count to 10 and string 3 or 4 words together to make sentences, "where are you," and most recently, "I lu you da-yee."(I love you daddy)
    Maddie has transformed from a tiny (that's relative I guess lol) baby into a tall, strong, beautiful, smart and joyful child.  She is loving and helpful and funny and a genuinely good girl.  I am blessed beyond belief to be able to call her daughter, I hope in the future I will call her friend, but greater than any other name I may give her, I call her beloved.
    Happy 2nd birthday Madeline Rose!!!!

    ..
  • The first week

    Current mood:happy
    Maddie has finished her first week of preschool and she has totally loved it!  Although it does tire her out and I bring her home almost asleep....which works for getting her down for her nap an hour later than normal.  On Tuesday (the first day) the teacher said she did well except she didn't want to sit at lunch time and when her teacher corrected her, Maddie hit her teacher and was sent to the principals office for a time out! lol  Thats my girl.  But seriously, where did she learn to hit?  She doesn't do that at home and I've never seen her hit other kids.  Interesting.  On Wednesday she did really good except during lunch she cried for about 30 minutes......I think that she was just overly tired because she normally goes down for her nap between 12:00 and 12:30.  Preschool is also a HUGE adjustment for her.....not only is she learning new things (they are learning about the letter A and colors this week) but she is also being taught to stand and walk in a line out to the playground and lunch, to sit in a circle for story time, and having to follow rules that she may not have to deal with at home.  It's a BIG day for her.  Today I went to pick her up early because they have a window that parents can look through to see the kids, but the kids can't see through it, and I wanted to see what her class was like and she was behaving.  It was really cute....all the kids were sitting at the teachers feet and eating those little dum dum lollipops while the teacher was reading them a story and interacting with them.  All of the kids were sitting and behaving and it was fun to watch Maddie in that environment when she didn't know I was there.  She was more interested in her lollipop than what the teacher was talking about and kept trying to get the little girl next to her to smell it, but she was sitting and being quiet! lol 

    All in all a really good week.  I think that preschool is going to be fantastic for her!  We just need to adjust to the new schedule and tweak nap time and bedtime accordingly, but I think the transition has been very smooth so far.  Oh, and everyday when I drop her off, she walks into her class, hangs up her lunch bag and sit down at the table to color.....she doesn't even bat an eyelash at me saying goodbye and leaving her!  Such a big girl!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


     
     
  • Domestic Godess

    Current mood:melancholy
    Maddie got a play kitchen set for her birthday (thanks grandma and grandpa) and Dan picked it up and set it up in our kitchen on Monday.  It is a really cool kitchen set and Maddie adores it.  Whenever she gets up in the morning or up from her nap she beelines it running towards her kitchen yelling Kich.  We had gotten her pretend food and dishes a month or so ago so she has been playing with that and knows what to do with it etc. and last week when we were at open house at her preschool they had this exact play kitchen and she had fun playing with it there.  I'm debating buying some more play food, but at the moment it is ALL over the house and I don't know if I want to add any more to the collection.  She has been doing weird/funny stuff with some of the new play food that came with the kitchen set though, yesterday when I took her dress off out fell a strawberry and a pat of fake butter!?!?!?  Don't ask me.

    Dan is currently going to pick up a step 2 playhouse that we are buying her for her birthday.  It's going to go outside on our deck and I think that she will really like it.  She likes the one in the church nursery.  I kinda feel bad because I have nothing planned for her birthday and it's in 12 days.  I mean the presents are all lined up, the playhouse, a magnetic doll set that you can dress up and some colorful lcaing beads, but I haven't even thought of a party.  And honestly I wouldn't even do anything except for the fact that we had a birthday party for her first birthday.....can you have one for the first and just not do anything for the second?  Seems sad to me.  But Dan is working the weekend of her actual birthday so we'll have to have it the weekend after which is the 20th and 21st which gives me an extra week to throw something together.  Maybe a few close friends, family if they can make it, some streamers and a cake!  Nice and mellow....thats my speed!  If anyone has birthday ideas that they would like to pass along to me, I would gladly accept them! lol  I still can't believe that she turns two in 12 days and that she starts preschool tomorrow.  I'm feeling kinda melancholy......but the pictures below cheer me up imensely.

    A true domestic godess!!!!!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

County McCounterson