Tuesday, November 18, 2008

not so solids

I started giving baby food to Charlotte a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it would help with the pooping and at first I only gave them to her once every couple of days. I started making peaches first which is not what I would have wanted to do, but I wanted something high in fiber and sweet so that she would eat it. Peaches worked. She took really well to them and it does seem to be helping with the poop.....she has been going about every 2-3 days. I made some sweet potato baby food before we left for the mountains and had her try it by itself and she hated it! Scrunched up her face and would not open her mouth, so for now she is eating it mixed about half and half with peaches and she likes it. Hopefully she wont reject anything that isn't sweet since I started her on fruit. When I started Maddie on solids I made her rice cereal, but everything I've read tells me that baby cereal is not a good first food and basically empty calories, so I have been trying to look at foods differently and pick ones that are high in vitamins and calories. So, we have had peaches and sweet potatoes so far.....I think we will stick with those for a while since she digests them well and they help with the bowels. I'm thinking maybe winter squash next?? Since its winter and all!!

No comments:

County McCounterson