Thursday, March 19, 2009

two and a half


Where did two and a half years go? We've reached 30 months, and it's amazing to me that in a mere 6 months time Maddie is going to be a three year old. It seems like just yesterday that she was a baby, or at least a much smaller toddler. She is so grown up. I look at her and am awestruck by this girl in front of me. There aren't really any signs of the baby she used to be other than the diapers (blah). Her cheeks are firm instead of squishy, her legs are long and lean, and she is independent. Oh so independent. Every once in a while I wish she would need me a little more, or want to sit and cuddle a little more. But then I remember that she is growing up, she needs to grow up, and her not needing me is a sign that we are doing a good job as parents. Sometimes I look at her and she is so tall, and doing so much that I actually forget that she is only two and a half. What a weird paradox that she is two and a half (so big) but at the same time only two and a half. (still so little) Time is flying.

No comments:

County McCounterson