Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catch 22

The weather is beautiful. Beee-utiful! It has finally started to be consistantly warm and sunny and there is nothing I like more than to open up my windows and enjoy the fresh air. Unfortunetly the same time that the weather gets gorgeous around here is the same time that the trees are blooming. Blooming trees create pollen.....teeny tiny green pollen that sticks to everything!! Being from California I never had to deal with much pollen probably because there aren't nearly as many trees. But in green land aka North Carolina there are trees everywhere thus pollen everywhere. For those of you who have never experienced spring pollen this is what it looks like:
That car (not mine) is not covered in dirt....it's a fine dusting of green pollen. The stuff is so fine that it goes right through screens and is currently coating most of the inside of my house. Every piece of furniture has a thin, green, dusty layer on it....even my floors! So, it truly is a catch 22. Do I open my doors and windows and enjoy the lovely breeze, but then have to clean my house from top to bottom every couple days? Or do I just keep the windows closed ignoring the beauty outside and have a clean house? Well, I guess since my windows are all open I pick option one, but I'm not looking forward to the house cleaning ahead!

No comments:

County McCounterson