Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What was I thinking?!?

Dan and I leave for the Dominican Republic in 5 days!! When I booked the trip this fall I was really excited and ready for a vacation......not so much right now! I am so not ready for this trip. I haven't even begun to think about packing, I'm worried about leaving my kids for so long, both in the sense that I will miss them terribly and I don't want them to feel like we just left and aren't coming back! I know that my mother will do just fine with them, but I worry about how everyone will cope. I know that once I get to the island and sink my toes in the warm sand and clear water I'll be fine, but right now I'm kind of freaking out. I feel like I have too much to do in too little time and that we're going to be running to the airport to make our flight and our life (that we're leaving for my mother) will be a big mess. My house is a mess, I'm behind on laundry and I want to do a few things with the girls before we leave. 5 days. Need to make a priority list, and need to make a packing list.....I have no idea what I should pack! I know that things will turn out just fine, so for now I'm going to try to keep my freaking out to a minimum and think happy thoughts!






1 comment:

Keri, Gary, Abigail and Luke said...

You are going to have an amazing time! I'm so jealous!! But I've never left me kids before like that so I understand why you are nervous! But your mom/kids will do great...try not to worry and ENJOY!

County McCounterson