Friday, July 23, 2010

Single parent week is almost over

Our week without Daddy is quickly coming to an end.....thank goodness! I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is a reason that people are supposed to be married before they have kids. We are meant to have partners in raising children! Even if I'm home alone with the kids a majority of the time, having someone to lean on when I've reached my limit is necessary and not having Dan here all week just makes me appreciate all that he does even more! With that being said I must give props to my children.....they have been incredible all week! Maybe they instinctively know how much I can handle or maybe it was pure luck, but they have been truly amazing kids this week and I feel so very blessed that they are mine. Not what you were expecting to hear at the end of a single parent week eh?!? We've been keeping busy with free movies at the theater, playgrounds, chiropractor appointments, lunch at McDonalds, picnic dinners and swimming at the lake, painting, dressing up, the library, baking and a bit of grocery shopping. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the girls tomorrow, but at 7:00 pm we'll be at the airport to pick Daddy up and bring him home. Hooray for my week of single parenting coming to an end!

Yellow watermelon really threw the girls for a loop!
They are okay with it now, but they wouldn't eat it at first.



Painting
Surprisingly very little paint ended up ON the girls!!



This child is always wearing some type of accessory

Licking the spatula is the best part of baking


Everyday
Lights on
Lights off
Lights on
Lights off


We even fit in some cleaning!

*This photo was not taken this week.....but we did vacuum

No comments:

County McCounterson