Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Twilight Time

Each day I pray for evening just
To be with you
Together at last at twilight time
~The Platters~

The days are getting longer and we are finding ourselves heading outside after dinner. Enjoying the final splashes of color before the sky turns dark. Playing and watering, kicking the ball around and snapping pictures. I am loving this glorious spring weather. I love that we can spend time together outside before the day ends and our heads hit the pillow. I even love the dirty feet that comes from playing with soil and water......I don't necessarily love the mopping!

I am feeling better about the pictures that I am taking. I was a bit discouraged right after I got my camera because I didn't know how to use it. Little by little I am learning and I'm really digging the results. I've gone back to aperture priority, but I'm learning more about white balance and really liking what I can do with it. I feel like there is so much I want to learn and I want to know it all *right now*! I'm thinking about trying to find teaching DVDs to use as aids. I'm also trying to figure out what books are the best.....anyone have thoughts on David Busch's photography guides? They have great reviews on Amazon......I'm thinking of getting the 7D.

I really adore how amazingly fast this camera is. And I am loving the supper high ISO. The pictures below were taken at the very end of sunset and twilight time. A little noisy, but I wouldn't have even been able to capture them with my old camera without a tripod. And I think the noise is artistic. :o)














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These girls are beautiful!!! good shots :)
Grandma

Delane said...

i love the photos.

County McCounterson