Saturday, February 16, 2008

I give up!

I have spent the entire day being domestic. This morning I cleaned up all of Maddie's toys, started laundry, swept all the floors, vacuumed the living room and hallway rugs and put the dishes in the dishwasher. This afternoon I cleaned up all Maddie's toys again (she dumped them ALL out) baked cookies, finished the laundry and prepared dinner....a yummy chicken and broccoli casserole that I just have to bake when Dan gets home.

Maddie has spent the entire day making additional messes for me to clean up. This morning she spread every toy she owns all over the living room, emptied the dirty laundry out of the hampers, took most of the DVDs off their shelves, and somehow managed to get juice from her sippy cup all over the kitchen floor. This afternoon she dumped an entire basket of small toys down an air conditioner vent, spread her toys all around the living room yet again, emptied dirt from a potted plant all over the sofa table and figured out how to get the cabinets under our entertainment center (which she has never done before) open and took out all of the cable wires and extension cords which are currently in different locations around the house.

I give up. I tried really hard to get the house tidy today and to do some cooking for my family, but at this moment the house doesn't look any better than when I started and I've worked my pregnant butt off today. I can't seem to get anything done around the house because if I take my eye off Maddie she is in to something else making a huge mess. I've tried to get her involved in my tasks and even tried to get her to use her little vacuum while I used the real one today and she was not interested. When I try and get her to help fold clothes I end up having to fold everything twice because her favorite part of laundry is throwing things. lol I don't know how other people do it!!! How do you maintain a clean and orderly house with a toddler? It makes me even more exhausted when I think I'm going to have another one in a few months! yoikes. I'm gonna go now and sit on the couch and put my feet up and wait until my husband comes home and wonders what I did around the house all day....cause it looks like I didn't do squat, although I'm sure he will enjoy dinner.

Update: I just walked into the laundry room and she has dumped out all of Tyson's dog food on the floor and was spreading it around. I don't think my day can get any better *sarcasm*

No comments:

County McCounterson