Monday, February 25, 2008

Wild weekend

This weekend was fun but very whirlwind! Dan's parents came for the weekend, we went to Dan's formal company party on Saturday night and we had a dinner party on Sunday night for Dan's sister who just finished getting her doctorate. It's always fun to have things to do during the weekend but it always makes me wish that we had an extra day off to just veg and hang out as a family.

The company party was a lot of fun this year, more so than other years simply because we are friends with a few couples who also work at Dan's company and it's always a blast to dress up and drink, dance and eat with friends......although I didn't do any drinking myself, the bar made me a few yummy virgin daiquiris. Dancing was so much fun, we haven't really had the opportunity to go out dancing together in forever.....I did have to leave the dance floor when I started to have some cramping, we didn't want me to go into premature labor on the dance floor! lol I must have been a sight though.....preggo lady getting down to some Jackson Five!

Maddie had a lot of fun playing with her grandma and we got the lovely benefit of Dan's dad fixing a few things around the house that we never have the time to get to. We love when grandma and papa come to visit!

All in all it was a very lovely weekend but a very fast weekend. Good thing we get another weekend in just 2 days.....gotta love Dan's work schedule!!

Here's a "prom-esque" picture of Dan and I before we left for the party. Maddie knew that something was about to go down and was attached to me until we left, so she got to be in our picture as well even though she stayed home. I HATE that my face gets so fat when I'm pregnant, but it will all be over soon!

No comments:

County McCounterson