Friday, March 7, 2008

wanna play?

We got a new addition to the family today. No, not another animal.......a swing set!!! We've been talking about getting one for a while now, but before I was looking to buy a Little Tikes, or Step 2 type plastic structure. It has been really hard to find them on Craigslist and even when I do, they are still pretty expensive for what you are getting, and Maddie is a very big girl and would outgrown one of those pretty quickly. We bit the bullet and bought a nice cedar set with an 8 foot slide and a couple swings and a sand box underneath. All we need to do now is buy an infant/toddler swing to put up until Maddie is big enough to use a normal swing AND Dan needs to assemble the whole thing! lol Bummer it's been raining all day today and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow! Sunday is scheduled to be nice and sunny, so unless our yard still resembles a small lake, we'll have a swing set. I'm really excited about this because the park we go to has a HUGE play structure and I don't trust Maddie on it alone yet, and the more pregnant I get the harder it is for me to climb up there with her and go down the huge twisty slide and once the new baby arrives it is going to be hard to hold an infant and run after a toddler at the same time.....having something on a smaller scale in our back yard that I trust Maddie on and not having strangers all around in case I need to tend to the baby will make it easier for her to get some of her energy out and enjoy our yard! I can't wait until it's all set up, I think she is going to love having a swing set!!!!

No comments:

County McCounterson