Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The art of snot and letting go

The house of Schultz is on its way to being healthy. Maddie's scary viral infection turned into a wicked cold with runny nose and coughing up phlem, and now Dan is sick with a cold, but so much easier to handle than a toddler! ;o) I somehow managed to dodge the bullet and haven't caught so much as a sniffle.....which is good becuase I don't think I could handle being sick again on top of being preggo and not sleeping. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Maddie has learned how to blow her nose. We still hold the kleenex, but she blows like a big girl and we can actually clear her nose out rather than just wiping what has come out off her face. That is the good news.....the bad news is that she now walks around the house randomly blowing her nose onto her hands, her arm, the couch, and my shirt. This child is producing snot like she is running a factory and most of the time I am covered in it. Gross. I am really proud that she learned something new, but seriously.....I'm ready for the cold to be over! lol

I'm having kind of an emotional day. We are slowly getting Maddie's new big girl room ready but the bedroom has been used as a guest room since we bought this house. It has all of my old bedroom furniture in it from before Dan and I even knew each other and the closet and huge dresser are completely filled with all of my clothes. Not really clothes that I have worn in the last 2 and a half years since I've been pregnant and such, but stuff that I always had planned to wear again after I was in a stable size. We are giving my furniture to Dan's parents and I have to clear out the dresser so they can take it next weekend so we can continue to get Maddie's room ready. I bought some of those storage bags that you suck the air out of and they get really small and flat and my plan was to put all of my old clothes in these bags and store them somewhere until I was ready to use them. I don't think that I fully understood the enormity of how much clothing I have!!!! There is no way that I would be able to get all of them into the storage bags, and honestly there is no reason why I should keep all of these clothes. I've just never wanted to get rid of them......just in case ya know? I haven't worn some of these for years, and some still have tags on them from when I bought them which was at least 4 years ago. Some of them are from so long ago (when I was pretty small) that I don't know if I will ever get that little again, and if I ever do it will be 2015 and they will be totally out of style anyway. So, needless to say I am going through my clothes, my cute, young, hip, sexy, pre marriage, pre baby clothes and bagging up the ones that I haven't touched in a couple years.....which so far happens to be 2 large trash bags full. I hate to see them go, but we just don't have the space for me to keep them anymore, and honestly I don't know if I would wear some of them even if they did fit.....I don't think that I need to wear mom clothes, but some of my old clothes are short and tight and low cut and reveal a tad bit too much for me to be comfortable wearing. I need stuff that is easy to wear and comfortable enough for me to run after my kids in and not worry about them getting snot and food on. So, it's sad, but it needs to happen and really; I'm ready. I am still bagging up some things that I think I'll wear post baby and storing them, but it's about 1/3 of what I currently have. I thought about trying to sell some of it on ebay or something but honestly I think that it would be a bigger hassle than its worth....all the bidding and shipping and I HATE the post office. It works out for my friends though, I'm gonna have my girlfriends Amber and Alice over and see if they want any of it, and the rest is going to goodwill.

So, thats my day so far. The house is a disaster because Maddie likes to "help" me when I'm trying to work on something and there are clothes all over the house in piles to keep and get rid of. I'll clean it all up, but right now Maddie is napping and I think that a nice snooze on the couch sounds like a much better idea than bagging up clothes.

Happy Sunday everyone! Take a nap.

No comments:

County McCounterson