Monday, April 7, 2008

A rose by any other name

Dan and I have had a name picked out for Schultz baby girl number 2 for many months now, but for some reaon we haven’t wanted to commit to it....in case something we liked better popped up? It’s weird though because we have been calling her by name for at least 2 months now when we talk about her amongst ourselves. So here I am committing to our name and declaring it for the world to see. Our soon to be baby girl will be called:

Charlotte Grace Schultz

I was debating trying to find a different middle name because it seems like lots of people are currently using Grace as a middle name, but I’ve liked that since before Maddie was born and really who cares if other people share her middle name.....mine is Ann and I think that half the populations middle name is Ann. Both Dan and I adore the name Charlotte and there was never any debating about it, or really any other name that either of us liked as much. It’s kind of awkward that we happen to live in a state with a large well known city named Charlotte and that Dan’s parents live there, but over time I think that we will think solely of our child in reference to Charlotte and not the city at all. I reserve the right to call her Charlie as a nickname, but who knows what nickname will work and what will stick. But I’ve always liked the name Charlie for a little girl. I don’t know why but I like a lot of typical boy names for girls. I’m weird.

So that is that. We are now committed which feels good, because thats the way it should be.....we’ve known for a long time now. I can stop using terms like "the baby" "and when she arrives" and start using her soon to be name. I’m happy because we are having a baby shower thrown for us in 2 Saturdays and it makes it feel very final and brings new excietment. I was really hoping that we would be able to have a celebration for Charlotte because it seems so sad to have multiple parties and such a big to-do for your first and have nothing for your second. We should be celebrating her life too! It should be a good time......I’ll let ya know. And all I have to say is bring on the cake!!!!!! lol

No comments:

County McCounterson