Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update

Life has been really busy. Maddie and I are constantly on the go to play group and activities with my moms club and running errands, it seems like we are home long enough for her to take her nap and then we are off again. We are currently in the process of getting her big girl room ready, and by in the process, I mean that I just bought her bedding a couple days ago. But hey, thats the first step. We have also picked out the paint color and are planning ..ing her room this weekend.....maybe. I have to decide what else I want to do with her walls, there has been talk of painting a tree, or polka dots, or butterflies......lot’s of decisions, but her bedding is white with pink butterflies and lady bugs, so it is going to be a GIRLY room!

Maddie is doing great! She is still clumsy, but no new wounds since the last head injury! She is such an active little girl and is really good at entertaining herself which I think will come in handy once her sister arrives. She loves doing puzzles and is really good at matching all the pieces and getting them into the spots. She can name about 10 farm animals and also say what sound they make which is highly entertaining. She also loves coloring and requests that we color at least 3 times a day.....she also loves the color blue and talks about her blue crayon a lot although we call them colors. lol She is extremely social and waves and says hi to everyone when we are out and about. She has made me realize how much I say the word okay because she now says it ALL the time....."juice okay," "blue color okay," "help okay." etc. She is such a funny girl. She is also a big gril....at her 18 month check up she was 34 inches tall and almost 31 pounds. She is currently wearing 2T clothes and I am praying that she makes it through the summer in that size because all of her spring/summer clothes are 2T. We are currently in the process of phasing out the paci and she only gets it in her crib and in the car, and let me tell ya, it has made it SO easy to put her to bed. She doesn’t want to rock, she doesn’t want a story or milk or anything.....she gives Dan a hug and a kiss and dives into her bed to get her paci and go to sleep, same for nap time too. Silly. We are no where near potty training and I am really okay with that. I think that it’s gonna be hard for her when we bring home the baby and even if we started training now, I’m almost 100% positive that she would regress. I think we’ll wait till she is at least 2 as long as she is showing signs then cause she sure isn’t right now. I thought that we would try and transition her into a big girl bed before I have the baby, but I don’t think that she is ready for that either. And since I will be nursing the baby and she will be in our room for the first few months, I think we’ll keep Maddie in her crib in her old room until she seems ready for a big girl bed.....it will be ready and waiting for her in her new room when she is ready. Such a grown up girl in so many ways, but also still my baby!

Easter weekend Dan finally sold his truck! We have been trying to sell it for months.....many months! We finally listed it on ebay and it sold within 5 days. The winning bidder lived in Virgina and drive down with his wife and 2 kids (one more on the way) and test drove it and gave us the moola. It sold for a bit less than we would have liked, but we made a profit and it went to a good family and not to a dealer who would sell it to someone else and rip them off, so we feel good about it. I was really skeptical about selling something so large on ebay, but it worked out really well and I highly reccomend it. We will miss the truck dearly, but we won’t miss how much it cost to fill the gas tank!!

This Saturday our dear friends Christian and Tonya are going to watch Maddie so that Dan and I can get out of the house alone and have some date time. They have a little boy who is 2 weeks older than Maddie and the kiddos LOVE to play together so I know she will be in good hands and having a blast while Dan and I get some time to enjoy each others company before we add another monkey to the family. I don’t know exactly what we have planned yet, but it will probably involve dinner and hopefully a movie! (I can’t tell you the last time Dan and I saw a movie in the theater together) We might do some shopping, or some coffee drinking and talking. But it really doesn’t matter what we do because I always have a fantastic time with Dan......good thing I married him huh? lol

Things are moving along with my pregnancy. It is really hard to believe that I have less than 55 days to go. This pregnancy has FLOWN by!!!! I am feeling good although I am not sleeping well....but that is really my only complaint, well that and the fact that I am getting huge! lol I am ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I’m not ready to have an infant yet, so I am going to savor these last few weeks. I am also starting to get a little bit sad because I have very little time left where it is only Maddie and me. She is my only baby right now and I get to spend 100% of my time focused on her and lovin’ on her and life is going to be so different so soon. I really want to make sure that she still feels imensely loved and that I have enough time for her. Adding another child to our family is going to be a huge change for everyone and I want to help Maddie to adjust as easliy as possible, but I’m not really sure how to do that. I’m really curious to see what the baby is going to look like. Will she look like Maddie who looks so much like Dan, or will she have more of my characteristics? Will she be an easy baby, will she have colic, will she like Maddie and will Maddie like her, will breastfeeding be easier than with Maddie? So many questions. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. It really is SOO crazy that we are going to have another baby next month. In 2 and a half years we went from newlyweds to parents of 2 girls. CRAZY. But it totally fits and it feels fantastic.....I wouldn’t trade my life for any other life, even on the crappy days. La vida es bella.


She walked all over the house with my shoes on backwards.


Trying to eat yogurt with a fork.....didn’t work out all that well, but it was entertaining!


The scab from her face meeting concrete the other day. It’s been about a week and the scab is already coming off and it looks a lot better.

No comments:

County McCounterson