Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Final thoughts and such

Our house is as clean as it has ever been. There are still signs that a toddler tornado lives here, but everything is CLEAN and sparkling. We'll see how long that lasts lol. I believe that every article of clothing and piece of fabric is clean as well.....I've done like 15 loads of laundry in the last week. 4 meals have been prepared and frozen in our deep freezer for when we get home from the hospital, our dogs went to the groomer today and got their hair did (Tyson got buzzed and looks like a totally different dog) Maddie's room is complete except for the outlining of the butterflies/dragonflies on the walls but my mother in law is going to help with that this week, I baked some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and tonight I am going to take a long bath.

All in all we are ready.

At my OB appointment yesterday I was still only 2 centimeters dilated which I anticipated and nothing new was happening. Tomorrow morning at 5:30am we have to call the hospital and see if there is a bed open, and if there is we are gonna head out to have a baby. If there isn't a bed I am supposed to keep calling until there is one, but if noon rolls around and there still isn't anything then I will get bumped to Friday. I remember when I was delivering Maddie the labor and delivery area was so full of women in labor that some were in the hallways with screens up for privacy delivering, and I felt really bad for them. I DO NOT want to give birth in the hospital hallway, so I don't mind calling to make sure there is a bed for me lol. I'm not really feeling much of anything right now.....being sick is just making me feel exhausted. I'm not really looking forward to going through labor tomorrow, but it's not really an option, and the prize is so worth all the.....I guess labor is a good word! Haha. I was telling my friend earlier today that giving birth only lasts a day (for most women) and I can do anything for a day!!

I feel bad that we are going to sneak out in the morning and won't be there when Maddie wakes up. I hope that she handles it well. I'm kinda bummed that my mom won't be there this time to keep me company in the delivery room.....Dan is always good company, but there is just something about having your mom there! I am really curious what Charlotte is going to look like......although they are always so squished looking when they first come out, and don't look like themselves until they are about 3-4 months old, so it'll be hard to tell. I'm happy that we don't have to check into the hospital tonight to start labor tomorrow morning like we did last time because they don't let you eat at the hospital at ALL before or during labor and this way I can have breakfast before we get there (hahaha evil laugh) it's ridiculous to think that a woman is better off not eating anything during one of the physically hardest events of her life just in case she has to be put under for an emergency operation which rarely ever happens. They even got mad at me last time for sucking on sugar free life savers. pffft.

So, I'm basically really ready to get this over with. I want to have my baby and get home to Maddie and get healed up and on with life. I am really tired and ready to take my bath, watch American Idol and try to get to bed early......I have a big day tomorrow ya know! I will blog as soon as it is humanly possible. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kris10 said...

Best of luck with everything, Chris and I are keeping you and the family in our thoughts and prayers!

County McCounterson