Monday, May 5, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

I am so exhausted. I just got up about 30 minutes ago and already I would be okay going to bed. Pregnancy was a lot easier when it was my first because I only had my own schedule to worry about. If I didn't sleep well at night I could dedicate a good portion of the day to sleeping, or I could sleep in, but that totally isn't an option with this pregnancy. I don't remember feeling this weary at the end last time. I'm not sleeping well.....insomnia maybe? Such a cruel joke for a woman who is about to have an infant that more than likely won't let her sleep. I'm feeling a lot of pressure and my pelvis hurts a lot which causes some pretty intense pain when I roll over which I do pretty much every hour while sleeping. Fun! I am ridiculously ITCHY. All over. Even the bottoms of my feet are itchy. I try to moisturize but it doesn't really seem to make a difference.....and it's weird because I've heard of and read about women having itchy bellies during pregnancy, but my belly is like the only place that isn't itchy. Weird. I guess I'm just ready to be not pregnant. Time has flown by and I think I have Maddie to thank for that, she is a good time consumer and distractor but these last 22 days are going to drag for sure!

Okay, enough whining outta me. I find it hard to believe that it is already Monday. This weekend just FLEW by!! It's nice to have a jam packed weekend with lots of plans and spending time with friends etc. but I think that I prefer the ones where we are just together as a family and can do what we want when we want without having to work on a schedule. Don't get me wrong, we got a lot done around the house this weekend, it was just mixed in with the 3 of us wrestling on our bed and hiding in the covers, playing outside and chasing each other around the house.....although we did go out to dinner with some friends which was relaxing a fun!

We were able to go grocery shopping which had needed to be done for some time now! And some good friends of ours took Maddie home from chuch with them so that we could have the afternoon to work on her room. We were able to paint 2 dressers and 8 drawers with the first coat, and paint all of the butterflies and dragonflies on Maddie's walls.....some even got the second coat. Dan mowed most of the lawn, and I mowed about half of the front yard. It was probably pretty comical for our neighbors who drove by to see Dan on his cell phone hanging out with Maddie and me almost 9 months pregnant push mowing our front yard. I wish I could have heard any comentary that was made. I don't really know what got into me, but I just felt like mowing.....seemed like a good idea at the time. Later that evening when I thought I was going to die from lower back pain I realized that it might not have been the best idea! lol But we are well on our way to having Maddie's room done and I am so ready for it to be over with......I would reccomend not waiting until this late in the game to get a room done for any pregnant ladies out there. It's much harder when you aren't as moble or stretchable anymore. I am so thankful to our friends who watched Maddie for us yesterday! We would not be anywhere near this close to done if it wasn't for them. Funny thing though, my friend has a little boy and I guess she had a good time borrowing my daughter because Maddie came home with hot pink toe nails and a 3 foot stuffed hello kitty cat.....like the kind you get at a carnival that is rock hard and full of little styrofoam balls. I would never have put hot pink polish on my 20 month old, but my friend had fun, and it does come off.....but what am I going to do with all the little balls that are now all over my house??? Yoikes.

In closing.....we had a lovely weekend. I'm sad that it's over, but alas such is life. We'll have 2 more days off in 2 days so it's not that bad! Oh, and I am really diggin' my new camera lens. Thanks honey!

No comments:

County McCounterson