Thursday, October 30, 2008

The great pumpkins

Tonight was the big pumpkin carving. I remember such fond memories of carving pumpkins from when I was little. Scooping the seeds and goop up with my bare hands was always my favorite. I wanted Maddie to be able to have that experience.....she wanted nothing to do with it! lol I think it's because shes 2 and we did it too close to bed time. I'm pretty sure that she will like it in the years to come.....she did like the final outcome all lit up. Now I need to sift through the goop and clean the seeds so that I can bake them. yumm. I'm excited that we are starting family traditions. I want to have special traditions that we do every year so that when our kids look back they have rich and whimsical memories of their childhood. Here's to the first of many. Check back for Halloween costume pictures, we are doing a parade downtown tomorrow afternoon and trunk or treat (don't ask) at a nearby church at night. Fun!




Maddie my little ghost (she wouldn't hold still lol)

No comments:

County McCounterson