Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hurry up and enjoy myself

I am currently alone in the house. It is blissfully and deliciously quiet. Dan took the girls to Lowe's this morning.....something that he enjoys.....don't really know why because a toddler and an infant in any store is a nightmare for me, but he likes it. And then he is going to get breakfast, maybe biscuits of some kind. Which means that I have a precious hour or so all to myself.....I better hurry up and enjoy myself!!

We did not go camping this weekend. We were all set to go, groceries were bought, camping stuff was brought in from the shed, Maddie got her very own sleeping bag......and then it rained, all day Friday and off and on Saturday and the temperature dropped like 20-30 degrees from highs in the lower 80s to the high yesterday being 54 degrees. Way too cold and wet to be living outside for 2 nights with little ones. We were really bummed, but it was the right decision not to go. We are thinking about rescheduling for the next weekend that Dan has off which is the 31st-2nd.....last year for Halloween it was in the 80s so maybe we'll have better weather then!!

Since we did not get to go away and do camping things, we are going to stay home and do camping things. We are making a fire pit in our backyard using large rocks as the perimeter and we are going to cook our dinner on the fire tonight and then do s'mores and enjoy a big bonfire. We went out and bought some yummy smelling oak firewood from a local guy and I can't wait to burn it and listen to the crackle and pop. We've been planning on putting a fire pit in our back yard, we just haven't gotten to it yet, so what better time than today? We'll bundle up (since it is still cold out.....although sunny today) bring our camping chairs out and spend time together as a family cooking over the fire. I think that Maddie is really going to dig it! And it might very well prepare her for the next time we camp which will hopefully be in 2 weeks.

There has been extra time this weekend since we didn't go away and I've been filling it with a little CD project. I'm organizing all of our music on the computer and putting it into files by artist and starting a music library of sorts. I'm also going through all of our CDs and uploading them onto the computer. This is a HUGE project because we have about 7,000 songs on the computer alone, and that doesn't even count what I'm uploading from our CD collections.....and we probably have 200 or so CDs between the two of us!! The finished product is going to be really awesome though, and this is something that we've wanted to do for a long time, but have never just taken the time to get it done. Currently we have 628 different artists, and 7,200 songs and I've barely started on our CDs. Dan would like to sub-categorize the files by album, but that is a step that will have to come later! One thing at a time.

Well, I best be off. I have my coffee and I'm ready to read the new post secrets in my lovely quiet house! Have a great Sunday!!!

No comments:

County McCounterson