Sunday, November 23, 2008

Far and Away: Part 2

Today is a blog-tastic kind of day although I feel like I am losing some steam. The girls have been pretty good today which has given me some extra time on the computer.

Anyway. I want to get the rest of our trip to the mountains posted. We woke up on our second day pretty early because noise travels well in the cabin. Dan made breakfast which is his specialty. We had pumpkin pancakes, eggs and sausage......yummy. We putzed around and eventually got stir crazy so we got dressed and went outside. It was really cold out but we played for a little while until our hands were freezing and then we went inside. We had lunch (sandwiches) and took naps. Later in the afternoon we were a bit bored so we went back outside. This time while we were outside it started snowing a little bit which was fun for Maddie to be able to see. I walked over to another cabin in the area that was for sale and peeked inside all the windows. It was brand new but too much money. If anyone wants to go in on a cabin in the mountains with us, email me and I'll give you the details! lol Maddie played in some sand and got so dirty and cold that we had to strip her before we went inside and had to wash her off with cool water as to not cause a burning sensation. Her poor little hands were bright red!

That night we ate dinner and put the girls to bed which went well since neither had taken good naps, and while Dan and I were reading it started snowing heavily outside. We peeked out the windows and it was so beautiful. Dan decided that we needed to go in the hot tub while it was snowing which I thought was insane, but agreed to. The water felt nice and hot, but the snow was really coming down and plastering on our hair and face which made us cold. Neither of us stayed out there too long.

The next morning I got to sleep in....ahhh. Everything outside was covered with a blanket of snow and although we had to get packed up and outta there by 11:00 I wanted to take Maddie outside to play in the snow. We got bundled up and headed out. The snow was still coming down but not as hard, and at first Maddie really liked it, but she took her mitten off (we had to improvise with a sock since we forgot her mittens) and was playing with the snow and then apparently was too cold and thus unhappy and crying. It was still fun and she still talks about the snow even now. We got everything in the car and headed home after cleaning the cabin a bit. The ride home was a little hairier than the ride up to the cabin and the girls barely napped. When we were about 4 minutes from home we drove through some really dark clouds and amazingly it snowed on us. I thought it was a really weird fluke, but when we got to the house and were getting the girls out of the car it started snowing some more. Crazy.

So that was our trip. Sorry the blogs were so boring. I think I was even a little bored typing it. But I like the pictures and the experience was fantastic.

P.S. I have some other great shots, but I think I'm gonna use them for our Christmas cards this year, so I won't post them so everyone can be surprised.

Sweet baby face

Its so weird to see her with a paci, she normally only gets it in bed.

snuggle bugs

first sink bath


She was very bundled up!

Dan in the hot tub in the snow.

Watching it snow outside
Snow





Nearby creek


Rockin'

No comments:

County McCounterson