Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not such a great start

What does it mean for the rest of the day when the first minutes after waking are filled with bad-ness? Granted the girls slept until 7:45 which meant that I got to sleep until then as well which would normally be a great start to the day but......

Both of the girls woke up at the same time. I went in and got Charlotte because she is closer to my room, and then as I am walking down the hall to get Maddie I notice that the runner rug we have going down our hallway has a HUGE wet spot on it. I steer around it and get Maddie out of her room and try to steer her around it as she walks into the living room which didn't work and she walked right through it in her socks. I am still in a sleepy daze (those who know me know I wake up slowly lol) and put Charlotte on the couhch so that I can investigate Huge wet spot on the carpet.

It's dog urine.

What the heck?? I called Dan at work and asked him if he let the dogs out when he got up this morning. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't but it usually doesn't make a difference.....they can hold it for a VERY long time. Dan tells me that no he did not let them out, but thinking back, he probably should have because Henry was out of his bed which he normally doesn't do in the mornings.....he likes to sleep in like me! Sometimes Henry will stay in his bed until close to noon before he wants to go outside, even when I call him and whistle at the door etc. While I had Dan on the phone I went to check on the dogs and there is Henry cowering under our dining room table looking guilty. Tyson was sleeping in his bed. It was obvious to me that Henry was the culprit.....plus Tyson went out before bed last night, Henry did not (which is also normal), and when Henry does go, he's like a camel and has like a gallon of pee. I know, this is pretty gross!!

So I go over to the rug again and inspect it to see how bad the situation really is and when I roll up the runner and lift it up there is a pool of urine on the floor, kinda seeping in between our hard wood planks. Gross!! I get a towel and mop it up and finish rolling the rug up to take it outside. There was no way that I was going to be able to clean a soaking wet rug....honestly I still don't know how we are going to be able to clean it because its way too big to fit in any washer, but there is no way that I am going to allow that thing back in the house unless it is THOROUGHLY cleaned. We just may have to dump it. Can you imagine babies crawling down the hallway on that rug. ick. Anyway, I got the rug outside and I'm hoping the dogs stay away from it.....mainly Tyson because he is big on marking his territory and I don't want any more urine on the rug.

That was how my day started and all of this was before I even had a sip of coffee. I am hoping that the rest of the day is better, but it's been so cold outside that we haven't really been outside much and Maddie is bouncing around like a crazy woman, she is getting on my last nerve and not listening and has already been in timeout once, and its been a LONG time since she has had to go in timeout.....we'll need to go to the park or something this afternoon. I don't know what the deal is with Henry and peeing in the house, but it can't happen again. We're going to be dealing with urine when we start actively potty training Maddie, we can't have the dogs peeing around the house too.

Oh well. Here's hoping my day gets better. Happy Sunday.

No comments:

County McCounterson