Friday, November 21, 2008

snow

I am so tired right now I can feel the weariness in my teeth. I couldn't fall asleep last night for some reason, and then I finally did and then it was morning. So here we are. I'm exhausted and feel like I could hibernate through winter and my girls who got loads of sleep are rearing to go. They are currently watching Lady and the Tramp while I wait for my coffee to kick in. I may have to brew another pot.

I've been complaining since we left the mountains how I wish it would snow. How I wish we lived in a climate where it snowed more and the snow actually stuck. Right now outside my window it is snowing. It probably won't stick because the temps haven't been cold enough to freeze the ground, but it is SNOWING, and it is a whole week before Thanksgiving which never happens. Maybe this means we will have a really cold winter with lots more snow. Here's hoping. I'm gonna take my coffee and my tired butt and sit by the window so I can watch the snow fall. It's the fat and fluffy kind of snow which is my favorite.

Maddie keeps saying "It's snowing, it's snowing." and "oh boy, snows." and for some reason "snowing Christmas," I don't know how she put those two together, but its cute.....even in my fog!

3 Cheers for snow!

1 comment:

Becky said...

When we lived in England I prayed for snow! And it did once, right around Christmas. I think it lasted just a few hours! On a related note, I have the greatest picture from right outside our window of the ground covered in what looks like snow, but is actually hail. We got more hail than rain I think while we were there!

Don't you just wish there was a place where you had snow in the winter and a nice sunny beach in the summer? Is it like that in NC?

County McCounterson