Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maddie's book review


One of Maddie's favorite books right now is Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson. I got it for her this fall when it seemed that we were all constantly sick. Curiously enough, it's winter time and we haven't had so much as a sniffle for quite a while. Knock on wood. Seriously, knocking on computer desk, knocking on hard wood floors, knocking on DVD cabinet.....knocking!! But, Bear Feels Sick is a really cute book with great illustrations that talks about being sick. It's repetitive which is always a crowd pleaser and it talks about taking care of our friends which is something I'm always trying to teach Maddie.....I don't want her to be the mean kid that nobody wants to be friends with! lol Currently we read Bear Feels Sick every night before bed, and even after I read it Maddie will say "Bear feels sick, Bear feels good," and want me to read it again....and in all honesty, I love this book so much that I do read it again!!

I just found out that there are more Bear books! We'll have to check our what Bear likes to do when he isn't feeling sick! Oh, and thank you Amazon for the use of your pictures. Hopefully that isn't a copyright infringement or anything, cause that would be a lawsuit that I couldn't afford!

1 comment:

Becky said...

My aunt bought all those books AND the matching stuffed animals that went with them. And she has no children! :) So she left them at my mom's house for her grandchildren. What a good Great Auntie! :)

County McCounterson