Friday, February 27, 2009

garden phase II

The second part of our garden plan was for Dan to make a fence around the perimeter of the garden with a 3 foot walkway all the way around for ease of reach while planting/weeding/harvesting etc. We didn't want anything too complicated, costly or permanent. Dan picked out some wood posts, cut one end to a sharp point using his circular saw and then hammered them into the ground. We bought chicken wire (apparently we now love Agri Supply in Garner) and stapled it to the posts. The last step was making a swinging gate and now all we have left to do is buy a latch. It actually went up really quickly.

I have to say that my husband is a genius. He is so good at coming up with design plans in his head and then making it happen. Not just with this gate, but with almost everything. (I say almost solely because of a TV stand incident) Dan is so smart in ways that I am not.....he also happens to be incredibly strong which I am not as well.....and I'm sure that he will be embarrassed when he reads this, but it's all true; and must be said.

It has been a lot of fun being outdoors as a family and I have a feeling that Maddie and maybe Charlotte will really like helping me work the garden once it is up and growing. I'm getting excited about getting the first seeds planted in the next couple of weeks although I was planning on starting this weekend and found out its supposed to snow on Monday, so that isn't gonna happen anymore. Maybe the next weekend will be better for planting.....and I hope the weather starts to mellow out cause snow isn't so great for seedings.









This is how Charlotte helps with the garden!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I like Charlotte's job! :) And I like living vicariously through you. What fun it must be to have a yard to do all this fun stuff with. Just wish it was in Orange County! :)

County McCounterson