Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crazy lady

It has been raining the past 2 days and its expected to rain through Monday. It is WET. Through my kitchen window I am watching as my garden collects more and more water. It's not a heavy rain, but a constant drizzle, which I guess is better than a storm for my newly planted seeds, but even the slow and steady rainfall is accumulating at a rapid pace. I am getting pretty stir crazy. Not only is it too wet to do anything outside, we are also still dealing with the flu....at least Maddie is, and I now have a sore throat. Both girls have been waking up multiple times throughout the night which has been going on for days which all means that we are stuck at home, not sleeping and getting on each others nerves. We could use a little sunshine!!

I am uber sick of our yard being dirt. Well....normally it is dirt, for the past few days it has been mud. It wouldn't be so horrible if we didn't have dogs, but we do, and it is. I have been sweeping every day, sometimes more than once a day. Today I got truly sick of having dirty feet from being barefoot in my own house that I swept and then mopped. Who in their right mind mops while it is still raining outside and has dogs that need to go outside to bathroom? No one. Meet the crazy mopping lady. Me. I also tried to vacuum but after about a minute of the vacuum not sucking anything up and the motor burning I stopped and called it a fail. The livingroom still smelled like burnt plastic 10 minutes after and I had to fabreeze the carpet!! Our vacuum is officially dead which sucks.....good thing we have a brand spanking new Dyson DC25 (ball) arriving on our doorstep on Wednesday!! I don't know how I'll make it that long, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. Everyone that I've talked with who has a Dyson LOVES it and I haven't heard anything bad other than the obvious limitations that it would have simply because it is a vacuum and not God cleaning up the crumbs and dog hair off the floor! I feel really good about our vacuum decision although it is a lot of money to spend, but I personally feel that any amount of money is a lot to spend on a vacuum....there should be some government subsidized vacuum program to enable every American citizen to own a good quality vacuum. Just sayin'.

In other news, I think that I've convinced Dan to let me have 2 more chickens. I really want barred rock (or plymouth rock as some call them) or buff orphington hens....I think they are beautiful and I really want a mixed flock. And really 6 isn't going to be any more work or responsibility or costly than 4. But we'll see. I don't want baby chicks because it means that they would prolong the time that we have to have chickens in our house. And I don't want adult hens because our coop isn't built yet and mixing adults with my babies could be buggy (parasites) or deadly (pecking order) I would really like to find ones that are close enough in age to my 4 reds that I don't have to seperate them. Who knows if I can even find what I'm looking for. I'll keep ya posted.

Well, both girls are napping and I'm sure it won't last long so I'm gonna take my oh-so-tired butt to bed and try and get a little cat nap. Pray for sunshine, pray for health, pray for sleep, pray for less mud, pray for my vacuum getting here safetly and pray that I can find a couple more chicks to add to my flock.

No comments:

County McCounterson