Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Growing pains




She is running head first into childhood. Strong legs taking her on new, exciting and often scary paths. Growing feet getting ahead of themselves and tripping over obstacles. Hands that have learned how to reach before common sense has been acquired. A personality, a will, an opinion all of her own. Hard to keep hands to ourselves, hard to do what we're told, hard to remember. You need to be quiet, you need to calm down, you need to go to sleep, you need to eat your dinner, you need to....you need to....you need to. It must be exhausting.

Honey, I know that you are going through some growing pains right now. I know that it is hard to listen sometimes and I know that we've been having a lot of "no"days. I know that you are trying to figure out your place in this world and sometimes it's hard and sometimes it hurts and sometimes you get really mad. I can handle it all. I will be here with you while you grow, I will love you even when you make me mad and I will never stop loving you. Ever. It is okay to feel sad, or mad or disapointed and it is okay for you to tell me and show me. It won't change anything....I can handle it all! I'm gonna try harder to have more yes days and to find more outlets for you when the weather is bad. I love you, and I pray that tomorrow is a little more mellow.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really have to start writing a book, "the cronicles of growing"... It's a pleasure to read and makes me smile every day.

Love you,
Mom

County McCounterson