Sunday, March 22, 2009

weekend

We have been working outside in the garden this weekend! The weather has been beautiful....still a bit chilly, but sunny with a gentle breeze. I love when we have gorgeous weather, it almost makes up for the fact that summer is so humid and gross. I got some spinach and some of my white carrots planted, and I've been working at hardening my broccoli and scallions still. I think I'll be able to put them in the ground on Wednesday. Dan has been working on my strawberry bed. I am going to have a LOT of strawberry plants which need to be 18 inches apart, so my bed is 12 x 20 and not even in my garden area. We put it in a different location on the other side of the house. I guess that's one good thing about not having any full grown trees on our property.....we have relatively no shade which means a lot of sun exposure for growing things!! Maddie had a good time chasing after the chickens (the 3 Reds....our neighbors took LB) and I helped her to plant her own tomato seeds and she enjoyed playing with water and dirt.....which amazingly enough makes mud!!! lol Today we'll have a little more of the same after nap time. I am still sick, and feel like I'm changing elevations all the time. My ears are clogged up and I get that pressure and pain in my head like when an airplane starts to descend. I have a dr. appt. on Wednesday. Hopefully they can give me something that will make this go away.....I feel like I've been sick for forever!!! Bleh. Hope you're having a grand weekend!!



No comments:

County McCounterson