Monday, May 4, 2009

We've moved

This blog isn't going to be much because I am writing it on my iPhone! But we're all moved and living in the new house. We spent the last 2 nights here and so far it is glorious!! It is so quiet.....the girls are upstairs and we don't have to top toe around for fear of waking them up. Last night was the first night we had them sleeping in the same room and it worked really well! I was nervous about that, but as of right now they are both still sleeping. I made sure to set their room up first so this transition would go as smoothly as possible. Maddoe was a little concerned at first and kept saying she wanted to go home, but once she saw all of her stuff and we got the tv set up with Max and Ruby she has been fine! A true teatiment to how resilient kids are. My kitchen was the next thing that needed to be set up because it is the center of our life mostly with the kids and so far I have most of the dishes put away and the pantry supplies put away so it feels workable.....I can work with what I have until the rest is finished. We have the has man coming tomorrow to plum our propane so we can start using the stove, and the fence guy is coming on thursday to get the fence up.....currently the dogs are at the old house since we don't have a fenced yard. I bought them huge knuckle bones to keep them entertained for a few days and Dan is going to go over every day before and after work to let them out and feed them.....and our old neighbor is keeping an eye out or them. I am really looking forward to having them here at the new house. Overall the move went really well....we had only one casuality and it was a couch/doorjam battle but it can be fixed.....surprisingly the couch won!! The house seems so much bigger with all of our stuff in it.....I guess we didn't really have any perspective before. It is such a lovely home and I am super excited about unpacking and making it our own. Sorry for any typos. My iPhone keyboard is not very big! There will be more updates once the computer is set up, but that isn't very high on the priority list. Happy Monday!! Oh, and all of our apppliances arrived early on Friday. Hooray!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Typos are fun! I might start calling Maddie "Maddoe" from now on! :) I'm glad you are all moved in and getting settled well, I know that part can be the hardest. I think we still have some unpacked boxes.....and we moved in December! :)

County McCounterson