Friday, May 8, 2009

I know.....it's been too long!

Okay, I know it has been FOREVER since I've blogged. There is just SO much going on. I think about blogging, and I really want to, but I just don't have the time. Yesterday was the first day I even opened my laptop in at least a week. I haven't even really been taking many pictures. There is stuff EVERYWHERE. Boxes, furniture, books, seriously everywhere. My kitchen is pretty much completely unpacked and I made a dent in the master bedroom today, but everything else is a mess. Furniture is mostly where I want it, but I reserve the right to make changes as I see fit. I am also dealing with having pieces of furniture that I'm not sure whether we'll keep or not. So there is quite a bit in limbo still.....there may be a few things hitting the Raleigh craigslist. I just keep chipping away at the unpacking and someday I'll be done. Actually I don't think that it will take too long....having a birthday party here next weekend is a real motivator to get things taken care of. I doubt we'll have decorations on the walls, but I hope to have things put away. Our fence was finished being built today and it looks lovely. I was able to pick up the dogs and finally bring them to the new house. It is much better with our whole family here. I brought the girls with me to the old house and I was really surprised with how well Maddie did seeing her old house all empty. She didn't even care. She picked up a broom and ran up and down the length of the house riding the broom like a pony. lol We have been talking about the move a lot and how we have a new house and all our stuff is at the new house etc. and I think she really digs her new house. She hasn't talked about going "home" in a few days. I'm glad that she is transitioning well. And Charlotte....she is doing so well! I really thought it would be difficult for the girls to share a room, but Charlotte is sleeping better now than she was before. Charlotte wakes up sometimes when we put Maddie to bed, but she sits up, watches Maddie go to bed and then we lay her back down, give her the paci and she goes right back to sleep and she hasn't woken up in the middle of the night but once the very first night we were here. Maddie is handling it well too....we read stories before bed in the bonus room now instead of in her bed, and then she tip toes into the bedroom and is actually super quiet. We started out with putting Charlotte down for her afternoon nap in the guest room in a pack and play, but she hated it and wasn't napping well, so I switched it up today and put Maddie in the guest bed and Charlotte in her crib, and they both took great naps. Maddie can sleep anywhere, so I think from now on she will be the one napping in the guest room. I was really afraid of what might come from them sharing a room, but so far things are wonderful! Dan is done with school in 2 days and I am so happy about that. This has been a very tough semester with the move and everything and I am ready for the summer break and being able to actually spend some time with my husband. My family arrives in NC next Thursday and I am really excited about that! It is going to be hectic for sure, but it will be lovely to have them here and a delicious kind of hectic. I went to my first pampered chef party tonight. I usually hate those types of parties and don't ever go, but it was hosted by a mom at Maddie's preschool and I am trying to make friends so I went. It wasn't too bad. The demonstration was long and I didn't buy anything, but if Dan lets me I am going to order a pair of kitchen shears. They double as an herb stripper which would come in SO handy. Pampered chef is mucho expensive!! I guess that's all I got for right now. I have a gazillion things that I could write about, but its late and I need to get to sleep. I am hoping to blog again tomorrow but with pictures.....you can see the disaster that is my current living conditions and the fence and some funny things the girls have been up to in our war zone! Stay tuned......

No comments:

County McCounterson