Monday, June 1, 2009

bubbles and birdie treats

Despite the hot and humid weather we have been experiencing we have spent a great deal of time outdoors. I try and get the girls out in the morning or late afternoon when its a little cooler. One of my favorite times is around 7:30 after Charlotte has gone to bed. Maddie and I get some one on one time and since we have daylight until 8:30 or later we play until bedtime. Her current favorite thing is bubbles. She likes to run through a cloud of them, but her most favorite is when I blow really big bubbles. They don't last long before she pops them, but for some reason (she's two!) the big bubbles are the coolest! A few days ago we made some treats for the birdies. Pine cones we found at the park, peanut butter, bird seed and a string. Super easy, super messy and super fun. I think that Maddie ate more peanut butter than she put on the pine cone, but she had a good time and that's really all that matters! We hung the birdie treats on our little tree in the back yard...I was too nervous about the raccoon to put them on anything bigger, and I wanted us to be able to watch the birds. Well, the next day all that was left was the string, and one of the branches on the tree was mangled so much we ended up cutting it off. I don't think the birdies even got the chance to eat our treats.....squirrels? Or maybe the raccoon?!? Poor birdies, no treats for them. But, we did get to see the raccoon again and this time Maddie actually got to see him. He's kinda cute, but still freaks me out. I'm worried about my dogs, and I'm worried that he will try ad get into the garage to eat their dog food. I'm also a bit weary about what he will do to my garden. I've read that they eat EVERYTHING and I would hate for my future garden to be solely consumed by a raccoon. I planted my tomatoes this weekend, so it will be a good test to see if he leaves any tomatoes for us! We may just have to hire someone to find a new home for the raccoon. You're on probation Rocky....you know.....Rocky the raccoon! :)






No comments:

County McCounterson