Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home tour: Kitchen

The kitchen is the heart of our house. I think that I spend a good 60% of my time in the kitchen cooking meals, getting snacks and filling up sippy cups and doing dishes. My new kitchen isn't my dream kitchen, but it's pretty close. I wish that it had more cabinets, more counter space, enough floor space for there to be an island and a bigger pantry. But, I love the hardwood floors, love the lighting, love the cabinets, love the appliances and love how the kitchen opens up to the dining room and family room. I feel like I can be part of the gathering when we have people over rather than stuck in a different room by myself slaving over a stove. When we bought the house it had a dishwasher and a microwave in it, and Dan and I picking out a stove and a fridge turned into all new appliances. The stove started it all.....I really wanted gas, and we wanted to find one that had the knobs on the top rather than in the front where the kids could reach them and mess around with them. Turns out there aren't many gas stoves with knobs on the top.....ours was pretty much it. I adore our refrigerator and we have never had ice cream frozen so solidly! I think it has to do with the freezer being on the bottom. And I know I've already talked about the dishwasher, but it is SO quiet. You don't even realize it's running until you are right there next to it. No more turning the volume up when we're washing dishes! I would eventually like to get a new faucet for the sink and put up a mosaic glass tile back splash, but those are things on our to do list for someday, not anytime soon. I've already done a good deal of cooking in our new kitchen and I look forward to making thousands and thousands more. Hey, we might even host Thanksgiving here.....that is the ultimate test of a kitchen!







1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm loving the tour! Can't wait to see the rest of the house!!

County McCounterson