Friday, July 31, 2009

The little one

What can I say about Charlotte? This child is a JOY. She is funny, stubborn, and oh-so-silly. She is a kid magnet! Everywhere we go kids (and adults too) flock to her, they ask if they can touch her and they follow her around. I'm not sure if it's her squidgy legs, or her nearly bald head, or her huge chocolaty eyes, or the toothy grin she always has plastered on her face, but something about Charlotte draws people in. I've even had 8 year old boys at the park who abandon their games of war to come and sit by Charlotte and pet her, and narrate her every move.

Charlotte is totally my girly girl. She loves dress up, jewelery, baby dolls, and shoes. Everyday she has necklaces on, and it always makes me giggle because she does it herself and then walks around the house like it's totally normal to be wearing 10 strings of beads. She often finds random pieces of clothing and figures out a way to wear them. I joke with Dan that she is either going to be a fashionista or a bag lady because she usually ends up looking like a homeless woman......but maybe she just knows more about fashion than I do!

My girl is also a total love bug. She doles out kisses and hugs all day long mostly without any prompting. And her kisses are all over the place.....if I'm holding her she will kiss my shoulder or arm, if I'm sitting down she will kiss my leg or knee and she also kisses pillows, baby dolls, tummies (she is good at blowing raspberries) and sometimes even her own toes. And her hugs are the arms wrapped around neck squeezing kinds.....the best! Charlotte is a very nurturing child. If Maddie gets hurt or is crying, she is right there to make sure that she is okay and more often than not she is crying as well.....on Maddie's behalf. She takes care of her baby dolls, kisses and hugs them, tries to feed them and puts them to bed. Sometimes she even shares her paci with them, but she always takes it back within a few seconds. Someday she is going to make a wonderful Mommy.....she just needs to learn that you don't throw the babies into bed! :)

Charlotte is a really smart girl too! I know that every parent feels that way about their kid, but I really think she is a smarty. She talks all the time, and knows so many words the newest ones are: juice, eat, bye bye, ta-da, cheese, (in both the food, and picture taking goofy smile references) I see it, and team work. I get cartoon songs stuck in my head a lot and end up singing them all day long and the "team work" is from Wonder Pets......I say whats gonna work, and she says team work. lol She amazes me with what she can understand. I can give her simple directions like-go sit in your chair-and she will walk over to her blue chair and plop herself down. I can also ask her where almost anything is (even if it's in another room) and she'll go get it and bring it to me. She has started to really get into books and she will sit still through 2-3 books, and not baby ones, the books we read are ones that Maddie likes too. She is just now starting to like puzzles, but she isn't very good with them yet. I can not claim that she is a genius though because she still enjoys eating play dough and crayons, and I'm not sure why but I feel like a baby genius would know that those aren't food and don't taste good! :)

Along with all of the fantastic traits that Charlotte has, she is also stubborn and showing signs of a temper. Yes, she is proving to resemble her Mama in more than just looks. lol She has this new face that she makes when she is mad. She scrunches up her face and pouts out her lower lip and makes pitiful whiny sounds. She has also been yelling when she doesn't get way and she'll bend over and hit the floor with two hands and then stand back up to see how I react and then yells some more and hits the floor again. Mostly I just stare at her with a why are you doing that face which generally makes her stop her antics and move on, but occasionally she'll try hitting the floor once more just to make sure I haven't changed my mind. She has also learned that there is water in the toilet bowl and that it's fun to play with, so we have to be very diligent about putting the seat down and closing bathroom doors. Fun!

I spend most of my day laughing at the ridiculousness of my child. She is such a character. It is so fun to sit back and just watch her. Most of the time she plays unassisted by me. I am always near, but she does her own thing with her babies, or her jewelery. She does follow Maddie around a lot and tries to play with whatever she is doing, but a lot of the time she is content to just play in her own world. I love Charlotte so much! I can not imagine what our family would be like without her.....it would be a lot quieter, but there would be less laughter and definitely less kisses and I wouldn't give that up for the world!





This is her mad face

Ta-da


This is her cheese smile.
She actually says cheese, and makes this face



1 comment:

Becky said...

What a beautiful girl! I love her!!!

County McCounterson