Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the wrong choice

Life is full of choices.....often you know what the right choice is from the start, but sometimes you don't find that out until you're stuck. Take for instance today.....I drove downtown to take care of a registration ticket I had lovingly received earlier this month. I should have realized something was up from the 50+ cop cars spread along the road going into the city, but silly me I thought they were just cracking down on speeders. It wasn't until I had spent a good 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot that I remembered hearing on the radio a few days ago that Mr. Obama was going to be in Raleigh for a town hall meeting. I finally found a parking spot, made my way through extra special security at the court house and took care of my business. On my way out of Raleigh I took my normal route and came upon Dawson street which they had closed for Obama to travel on and got to sit for 15 minutes in stopped traffic while people waited for him to pass by. Eventually people got the good sense to one by one back up and turn around to get free of the parking lot that downtown had turned into, but I had to drive 15 minutes out of my way and go completely around Raleigh to get home. At least the DA dismissed my ticket and I didn't have to pay $140. Moral of the story: It was a bad choice to head into Raleigh today and next time I drive into downtown I'm going to check if there are any important people coming to town.

1 comment:

Becky said...

HA! I thought you were going to say that the wrong choice was to have voted for Obama!! That would have been funny! :)

County McCounterson