Sunday, August 2, 2009

Broken bone day 2

Last night Maddie woke up once at midnight. I went in, gave her some more medicine, sang a few songs and whispered sweet nothings of pain free days in the near future. She slept the rest of the night and woke up around 8:00 very sad and telling me "I got a big big owie." She really didn't want the sling on, so we tried it off for a little bit, but she kept hurting her arm so the sling went back on. We spent the morning watching movies that I had rented the night before, reading lots of stories and doing some light play that always seemed to end up hurting her. I didn't give her any of the codeine until her nap time, and she was able to take a much needed 3 hour nap! She woke up from her nap a little sad, but got over it quickly, and seriously seemed like her normal self for the rest of the afternoon. She was happy and chatty and bouncing all over the place. I had to remind her to take it easy because I didn't want her to hurt her arm again. Dan put her to bed around 9:00 and it took a little extra snuggling to get her to relax and get sleepy, but she went down easy and fell asleep fast. Maddie is a tough little cookie! She doesn't really show signs of being sick unless she is REALLY sick, and I'm guessing this will translate to broken bones as well. It's going to take her a little while to adjust to a cast, and learn how to eat, sleep and play with it on, but I have no doubt she will be a pro after just a couple days! I am looking forward to taking her to the doctor tomorrow and getting more xrays done (I didn't get to see the first ones) and for her to get a hard cast. I think she will be SO much happier without having to wear the sling. She seriously kept telling me today "my arm feels so much better now, I can take it off," in reference to that darn sling. Also, I talked to our insurance company today and they will cover all costs up to $3500 and we won't have any co-pays or deductibles which means we should be able to get the waterproof cast which will make it possible for Maddie to bathe easily and even swim for the last few weeks of summer. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, we have the doctor which could be a long appointment, and I also have a meeting at a new preschool for Maddie to meet the director, and tour the school. Hopefully the times wont clash. Wish us luck!

No comments:

County McCounterson