Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gone

The blue cast is officially gone! Well, I guess it's not completely gone since I currently have it in my bedroom, but you know what I mean. I feel the need to tell you that I am not one of those weird people who saves my toddler's cast until they go away to college or get married.....yes, I thought about saving Maddie's umbilical stump, but only because it was funny, and I didn't actually do it!! The cast will be going in the trash tomorrow. Maddie did okay at the doctor today. It was way more traumatic getting the cast taken off than when she got it put on. She was really upset and cried hysterically through most of the cast removal and all of the x-rays. The fact that she didn't take a nap today probably made everything 100 times worse, but she also didn't want the cast to get taken off in the first place. She kept telling me that she was going to get a new cast, a pink one, at the doctor....even though I had explained repeatedly that the cast was coming off and she would have no cast. The ring pop didn't even work very well. The doc said that her arm looks great and healed wonderfully! She is a bit stiff and it will take a little while for her to get the full range of motion back in her arm, but I was told that little kids jump back to normal fairly quickly. We have an apt. in 3 weeks just to make sure that everything is good.....if it's not she'll need some physical therapy, but I doubt that will be necessary, she already started using her arm normally tonight......babying her right arm, but still using it. There will be no hanging, climbing or pulling with her arm for another few weeks but that is do-able. At least we can get back in the water for the last bit of summer left. Goodbye blue cast, we won't miss you!!






She looks SO sad here.
Her eyes are all puffy from crying!

No comments:

County McCounterson