Saturday, August 29, 2009

wordy

Everyday I am amazed at what comes out of Charlotte's mouth. Everyday. I have no idea if she is ahead of the game with her speech or if she is at a normal level......I never read those "this is what your child should be doing at this age" kinds of things. In my head I compare where Charlotte is to where Maddie was at the same age, and I also pay attention to what other kids I know are doing developmentally, but as long as my kids are moving forward, I could care less about the pace. With that being said, I feel like Charlotte is a big talker for such a young age. Of course a lot of what she says needs parental translation and often times needs context, but seeing how I am with her almost every second of the day and know her through and through, I almost always know exactly what she is talking about. Everyday she surprises me with a new word, and recently she has started saying 2-3 word sentences!! It also amazes me that she gets her pronouns correct. You would think that if she always hears me say "you did it!" that she would repeat, "you did it," but she says, "I did it!" I'm not a professional or anything, but that seems pretty awesome to me! :) I may not be a linguist, and Charlotte may very well be average in her talking, but to me she is amazing and I am one proud Mama!

Here are a few of her most recent words......It's hard to sit down and try to think of them all......I'm sure I'm missing lot's......oh well!

Charlotte (Yes! she can say her name)
help me
yummy
okay
shoes
I did it
paste (toothpaste)
silly
uh-uh (while shaking her head no)
banana
fork
poop
car
off
elmo
I want (usually while pointing at something)
ears
eyes
belly
cookie
hello
knock knock
sorry
thank you
cry
off
book
cake
ice
This picture is of Charlotte's first time out!

No comments:

County McCounterson