Tuesday, September 22, 2009

teeth brushing

I love that my girls are so enthusiastic about brushing their teeth. I can't tell you how adorable it is to watch them run to the bathroom, hop up on their step stool and wait for me to put paste on their toothbrushes! I let them brush themselves first and then I do a thorough brushing to make sure the teeth are actually clean. I'm still using the fluoride free training paste, but we are starting to work on the spitting with Maddie. When the teeth are finished both girls get a drink of water from the frog cup which they adore and then it's story time and bed. I think that dental hygiene is really important and if I can keep them excited about brushing their teeth we may have good luck with keeping the cavities at bay. If genetics is a good indicator, I got my first cavity when I was 21, and since then I've only gotten them after pregnancy which is normal when a fetus is stealing all your calcium. Dan has only ever had 2 cavities and that was a long time ago. Here's hoping our kiddos are blessed with good teeth! I think I need to start looking for a pediatric dentist.....Maddie is old enough to start getting check ups and cleanings. I'm sure she will just love that! (sarcasm) But I think the younger she is when we introduce her to a dentist the better it will be in the long run.....I used to FREAK out at the dentist, I would have anxiety leading up to it, I would cry, I would gag when they cleaned my teeth....not a good experience. It would be nice if my kids didn't feel that way!

No comments:

County McCounterson