Wednesday, October 28, 2009

halloween preview

Dan came home from work tonight excited because the church across the street from our house was having a halloween carnival! Normally I would have passed on the idea of getting the girls dressed up, walking over to the carnival, giving them candy and getting them all hyped up an hour before bedtime, but I decided it sounded like a fun idea! I threw some princess dress up clothes on the girls, grabbed my camera and we were out the door within 10 minutes of Dan arriving home. I'm glad the girls had already had dinner.....candy consumption is more tolerable with food in their bellies. The man and I however had not eaten but it worked out well because there were free hot dogs, french fries, pie, cotton candy, caramel apples and other assorted desserts and candy. The girls had fun "trunk or treating" going on a bounce house slide, roasting marshmallows and of course eating candy. Bedtime was a little crazy tonight, but I think it was totally worth it. Gives us a little taste of what is to come this Saturday. We'll have different costumes for the real halloween, but I didn't go out and buy anything in particular. I'll let them pick from the dress up clothes that we have.....I'm really hoping Charlotte will let me pick the pumpkin costume for her, but we'll see. Maybe Mama and Daddy will get a little dressed up too! It was fun having a halloween test run!










No comments:

County McCounterson