Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun at the fair

We had a delightful time at the fair this year! It's always a chaotic, fast paced, action packed day, but it's always worth it. I'm not sure whether I like the livestock or the food better, but neither disappointed me this year. We actually did pretty good with the food....nothing too disgusting. I had a turkey leg and took the skin off (I'm weird about skin) and a deep fried vegetable platter. The girls had some of my food and shared a chocolate ice cream. My dad got a bloomin' onion which looked pretty grease-tastic, but no one got deep fried snickers or chocolate covered bacon. I always adore seeing the baby chicks and ducks and Charlotte and I share a passion for the cows. I think that I would enjoy having a cow.....or maybe it would be better if like my neighbor had a cow that I could visit. I don't think I'd like having to milk twice a day! Cows are such cute animals! We rode a few rides and walked and walked and after a couple hours Charlotte looked like she was going to pass out from exhaustion so we headed home. A couple of hours is really all that's needed at the craziness that is the state fair! We got our fill until next year.

baby duckies

"I can't reeeeeeach!"


This was my favorite cow. Doesn't he look soft and fuzzy?

Maddie and Papa watching sheep

Looks like the cow is staring her down! (HA)


"Papa is my friend!" -Maddie

Finger lickin' good




She is getting really good at waiting in line for things!



Coaster chicks


No comments:

County McCounterson