Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random Dozen

It's time for the random dozen. I didn't get around to answering these until just a few minutes ago, so my answers aren't very complex. If you're looking for something to do, head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and do your own random dozen.....it's fun!


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I prefer to print. Cursive seems to take me longer and I'm not good at it.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
I am a realist, but I'm married to a dreamer.....he may be rubbing off on me a bit.

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Ooh.....this one is tough. I love them both, but if I had to choose I would say Billy Joel. Play me a song Mr. Piano man.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
I have no idea what the name of the movie is but when I was young I stayed up way too late and watched a movie where aliens came to earth and killed and took over humans bodies and towards the end they were ripping off their own (human) faces to reveal their alien faces and it scared me to DEATH. I'm not a big scary movie fan so I haven't seen anything recently.....like in the last 10 years!!

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
I took my girls with me to pick up a box spring from a man on craigslist. My phone died on the way there, my husband had no idea where I was, the guy was drunk and had ninja swords all over his house and told me that he needed my help getting the box spring from his upstairs bedroom. I seriously thought he was going to lock us in his house, hurt my children and rape and kill me. It all worked out okay, but I don't think I've ever been that frightened before. I will never again go alone to pick something up off craigslist.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?
Definitely. I even miss spelled it just now (thank goodness for spell check)

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
Art. Pretty much all art. I can not draw, can not paint. I wish that I could, and I try.....but it's bad.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Time alone. My husband used to call me a hermit. People drain me. I like hibernating.

9. Have you ever been on TV?
Nope

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Apple, but with a solid or lattice top, not the crumbly top. And cold. I don't like pie warm.

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
I used ti have a few free ones that I got from ordering things off Amazon. Those subscriptions ran out and now I have none. Which is fine because I never had time to read the magazines I used to get.

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
When I stay up too late I am tired and cranky the next day. I know this happens, but it doesn't stop me from repeating it every single day!

No comments:

County McCounterson