Monday, November 23, 2009

Glue and feathers and pine cones.....oh my!

I think it's probably becoming apparent that I like pine cones! There are just so many things you can do with them.....the possibilities are endless! Our most recent pine cone project was making turkeys. I must tell you that this project is not for the faint of heart, there was white glue, paint brushes, feathers and toddlers. A scary combination! I set the girls up with plates of glue, a paint brush and a pile of feathers and let them go to town. Maddie is so task oriented she did an outstanding and methodical job of painting glue onto her pine cone and sticking feathers on. Charlotte on the other hand got very distracted as the feathers started to get gluey and stuck to her hands. It was rather comical watching her try and pull feathers off one hand just to have them get stuck on her other hand in the process. Needless to say she needed a lot more help with this project.....it's probably not an age appropriate craft for Charlotte, but whatever Maddie does Charlotte has to do as well, so I just roll with it. I made the little turkey faces and used the hot glue gun to attach them to the pine cones. I think they turned out brilliantly! Now all I need to do is find a good spot to display them in my house. gobble gobble.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are the most beautiful turkeys I have ever seen

Grandma

County McCounterson