Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving tree

I FINALLY finished my Thanksgiving tree!! I was jittery all day yesterday because I just wanted to be done with all the leaves so I can enjoy our tree for a little while before Christmas decorations come out! I was up until 11:00 last night sewing my zig zags and I even roped Dan into ripping seams out for me on a couple of oops leaves when I had bobbin trouble. But, they are DONE.....and I think the tree is beautiful!

I've been talking to the girls all week about Thanksgiving, and Maddie has been learning about the pilgrims and Indians at school. I've tried my best to explain the concept of being thankful to my 3 and one and a half year old. Sometimes I think they get it, and sometimes Maddie tells me that she's thankful for cheese or pee pee and it makes me wonder.......? During one of our talks I wrote down a few of the things they said they were thankful for and those and a few of my own were stitched onto the leaves for our tree. Here's our list:

Mama
Daddy
Maddie
Charlotte
Tyson (dog)
Henry (dog)
Family
Friends
Food
Water
Snacks
Health
Home
Jesus
Pacis
School
Jobs
Freedom
Books
Animals
Beds
Love

We are blessed to have so very much! It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day of life and forget to have a thankful heart. It's so easy to take everything that we have for granted! All of it could be gone in the blink of an eye. I am thankful for the pilgrims who left their homes in search of religious freedom. I am thankful to live in a country where I am free to speak my mind and worship my God. I am thankful for the men and women who fight for this country so that we can continue to have freedom. I am thankful for a husband who works a full time job, goes to school full time and is still a full time father and partner! I am thankful that I get to be a stay at home Mama. I am thankful for Maddie who is always inquisitive and always ready to help! I am thankful for Charlotte who makes me laugh and makes sure I have gotten my quota of wet kisses! I am thankful for my beautiful home, my pantry full of food, clean water to drink, and comfortable beds to sleep in. I am thankful that my family is healthy.....minus cold and flu season. I am thankful for outstanding family and friends who are always there for me! I am truly blessed......and so are you! Be thankful.

My finished leaves

Thanksgiving tree

Thank you Dan for making a lovely base for our tree!




View from the floor

No comments:

County McCounterson