Wednesday, November 18, 2009

work in progress

Sick. Still. But I'm not going to talk about that because it seems like it's all I talk about anymore, because it's my entire day. Every day. Moving on.....

I am still working on my Thanksgiving tree. I'm finding it to be a very sloooow process because I'm not very good at embroidery. It is my first attempt at embroidery so all things considered I'm doing well, but it doesn't look professional in any capacity. Which is totally fine with me.....I want this to look raw and a bit childish. It has been taking me about 20 minutes to do each leaf, and I find that when I rush, my letters end up crooked, so I'm trying to take my time and do it right. Another obstacle in my path is the fact that I can NOT work on this while the girls are around which basically means I only have the couple hours between their bedtime and my bedtime to get anything done. Tedious, time consuming projects requiring needles and thread do not mix well with toddlers. Especially clingy sick toddlers.....but we're not talking about that! :) I'm hoping to finish it all up by tomorrow night. *Keeping fingers crossed*



I made my grocery list for Thanksgiving and went shopping today. It was good to get out of the house, and going through my cookbooks got me excited for cooking our feast, and more importantly eating our feast! Yumm. I spent SO much money today, it was actually a bit shocking. And what do I have to show for it? Groceries for one day of eating, prescriptions for Dan and Charlotte and diapers. It's amazing how fast all the little things add up. The cost of medicine is insane. I feel really bad for older people on fixed incomes who have health problems. I can't imagine the financial strain that must be. We're young and generally healthy and it's expensive for us! And diapers.....I'll just say that I am more than ready to be done with them. It's not likely to happen anytime soon, but it will be nice to not have to buy them anymore.....think of all the fabric I could buy instead!!!!

I'll leave you with a few funny things Maddie has said recently. I swear this child keeps me entertained daily!

Maddie- "I need a toilet paper!"
Me- "Why do you need toilet paper?"
Maddie- "I got dirt on my foot!"

Maddie- "Mama, you Gina."
Me- Yes Maddie, Gina is my name."
Maddie- "But you're Mama too, and a Gina."

Maddie is sitting on our leather chair with her feet propped up, drinking juice and watching cartoons and says to Dan and I, "Ahhhh, this is the life!"

Happy hump day!

No comments:

County McCounterson