Sunday, December 6, 2009

My first applique

Last night I stayed up till midnight making a skirt and appliqueing a shirt for our cousin Hailey's 4th birthday party, which was this afternoon.....yeah, I know, nothing like waiting till the last minute! The skirt was fast and easy and even though this was my first attempt at making and sewing on an applique I found it to be quick and painless. It wasn't perfect, but that's okay.....there's always a first time for everything. I also spent about 30 minutes making a stuffed animal creation with some of the left over fabric, but that was less than lovely. It ended up not really looking like any kind of animal I've ever seen....I guess there's something to be said for planning ahead, using a pattern and taking more than 30 minutes to make it. (weird stuffed creation not pictured!)

The shirt


The skirt


I had Maddie try the outfit on so I could see what it would look like together. Hailey is a little taller which is why the skirt looks too long on Maddie. My darling daughter begrudgingly modeled for me. Moody and beautiful.....maybe she has a future in the modeling industry after all! :)

NOT happy about this

Refused to look at the camera

Would not give me a normal smile

Oh well.....what can ya do?

It turned out cute though, right?!?

2 comments:

Becky said...

TOTALLY cute! You have inherited your mother's skill! :)

Anonymous said...

very cute! At least Maddie stood there for you - my 4-year old would have run away!

County McCounterson