Friday, May 20, 2011

May: twice the speed of light

Phew.....it's been a long time since I've visited this space. Seriously, where did May go? How is it already the 20th?!? As always, we have been super busy. Soccer has ended for the season, preschool is coming to a close for the year, Charlotte is having a birthday soon, Eleanor cut 2 teeth and as always life has been a balancing act trying to keep up with everything.

I have also finally decided to start my own photography business! This has been something that I have been contemplating for a while now, and just decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. Will I succeed? Hopefully! But I won't know for sure unless I try. So, there is a website being made as we speak, a company logo being created and talk of business cards! I have been on an emotional roller coaster the last couple weeks feeling both elated and totally not good enough to be a professional photographer. Hopefully the self doubt will fade with time. I'll try and be better at updating my blog and keeping everyone abreast of the situation!

Our landscaping in the front is looking great, our garden in the back is starting to look a bit out of control because we have been working on the front. We had 15 yards of mulch delivered a few days ago to put around the yard, but our manual labor (Dan) has been busy with lots of other things (like finishing his semester of school) and the mountain of mulch doesn't look much smaller yet. We have been harvesting many,many strawberries and our blackberries are coming in and look awesome! Charlotte's 3rd birthday is on May 23rd and we're having her party here at the house tomorrow.......which means that I have to keep this short and get to cleaning and cooking in preparation.

Here's a look at what we've been up to the last couple weeks.......






Blackberries






My special mother's day flowers





Got mulch??



Peaches

Peony




Raspberries (and a bee!)


Home grown

Ewwwwww

No comments:

County McCounterson