Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Making progress

I feel like I have less water above my head and I am thisclose to being able to breathe. We got Maddie's new room painted....at least the base color and boy is it pink!!! She's gonna love it! Dan is currently sanding dressers and we hope to at least prime them tonight. This weekend we were hoping to go to the beach, but I really don't think it is a good idea with how much stuff we have to accomplish and how much gas costs. I am going to start working on drawing butterflies and dragon flies on Maddie's walls and hopeully this weekend we will be in a good place to paint them. I also think we're going to Lowe's today to look at new hardware for the dressers and new tracks so they don't pull out and crush my babies.

I finally got through sorting 7 large trash bags of baby clothes from 0-18 months and organized them all by size. I folded them all up neat and bagged them and vacuum sealed the bags. As soon as the dresser situation is all done, I will be moving Maddie's clothes to her new dressers in her new room, and washing all the 0-6 month baby clothes and putting them in the nursery. I really do adore tiny little baby clothes.....size 2T can be cute too, but nothing compared to a new born onesie. Those space saver vacuum bags are fantastic.....Dan and I used them when we drove cross country 3 years ago, and they seriously save you space. We have put all of my clothes that I bagged a few weeks ago, and all of the baby clothes over 6 months under our bed and not only are they totally compact, but they stay clean and folded and dust free. Space Saver bags really should pay me to endorse their product!! lol

So, today is the first of many big days. I have my OB appt. and another ultrasound to check on the position of little miss Charlotte. Lot's of people have been asking me if it feels like she has changed position, and honestly, I just can't tell. She has been VERY wiggly this past week and making movements that very well could be a flip in position, but it's too hard for me to tell. It still feels like something is using up the space on my upper right side (where her head was last ultra sound) but it very well could be her butt if she did in fact flip around. And I feel a lot more pressure in my pelvis than I did before, but again that could be her butt too. The only thing that gives me hope is that when she gets the hiccups I am feeling them in my lower adbomen instead of near the top of my belly like I used to....which to me (Gina Schultz M.D. lol) would indicate that her chest is closer to my pelvis which would mean that her head is down. Right??? I may be totally off base, but hey.....it could be true and I am going to believe that she did roate until 3:00 this afternoon when my OB tells me otherwise. We have been doing a LOT of research and talking to tons of people and Dan and I have come to a decision in regards to my options if Charlotte does not turn on her own, but I don't think that I am going to share them at this point. I truly appreciate all the input that I get from people, but I don't think that I want to hear anything negative about our decision.....I know people who don't talk about the name they chose for their baby before it's born because they don't want to have to listen to negative comments about it......I think this is a LOT bigger than that type of situation and if they can keep quiet, so can I! lol So, I'm keeping my lips shut and only staying positive about my baby flipping herself head down. Well, wish us luck at the doctors today.....it would be the best news in the world if Charlotte had already flipped and all the other stuff was a non issue. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

County McCounterson