Sunday, October 26, 2008

Farm experience take two

We went to another farm last week.....this time there was a LOT more to do, and we had such a good time. It's always hard to pick times to get out of the house because Charlotte takes a morning nap, and Maddie naps from around 12:00-2:00 and then Charlotte takes an afternoon nap so most days we can only get out of the house in the late afternoon around 4:00. But, this particular day we decided to skip Maddie's nap and went out hoping for the best!! The farm had 2 bounce houses, a maze, farm animals, a huge 80 foot slide, a train, pony rides, a hayride and pumpkin picking. There were also food stands, duck races and a huge sandbox. My most favorite thing was this indoor room about the size of my living room filled with corn about thigh high (my thigh not Maddie's) 10 kids were allowed in at a time and they could play in the corn like a sandbox. I went in with Maddie and had such a blast.....I kept sinking down into the corn and corn kept getting stuck in the waistband of my pants which was entertaining for Dan who watched me try and get it out!!

It was really really cold that day and add to that, the fact that Charlotte didn't get down for her afternoon nap on time, and Maddie didn't get a nap at all, and Dan and I didn't eat lunch before we went there......after about 3 hours we were DONE. Maddie was acting like a lunatic, Charlotte was crabby and I was starving to death. Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and Dan and I drove through and got some food. It was a nice time even though it was pretty hectic. It seems that most outings are hectic for us, but I don't think that can be helped.....at least not until the girls are older and on one nap a day and can handle the stimulus and travel. But we'll keep working on it because I want them to have the experiences and I love having the fun pictures!



In the corn room

It must have felt good to spread out on top of corn


The choo choo train

Maddie making a choo choo sound along with arm gestures.....highly entertaining!
Charlotte sitting up by herself on the train

She wants you to know she liked the train
My sweet girl

Maddie on the hayride

Off to pick a pumpkin

Maddie trying to lift a pumpkin half her size.

The Winning pictures. It takes a lot of shots to get just a couple of decent pictures.

******Out Takes*******




2 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah pumpkin patches!! You're girls are adorable!!!

Becky said...

Um.....I mean your. Oops.

County McCounterson