Saturday, November 29, 2008

gobble gobble

We had our Thanksgiving celebration yesterday instead of Thursday. We drove up to Dan's sisters new house (which was lovely) and spent the day there amongst turkeys cooking and cousins running around yelling and exactly 5 pies. It was a nice time to be with family and the food was top notch!! I have a few pictures, but not many, and even less that are actually in focus, so we'll see if I can get around to posting them. The only downside to the day was that I had a cold sore the size of a house attacking the crease of my lip which hurts like heck and looks even worse....yeah for that, and when we were leaving last night, I tripped and fell (while holding Charlotte) on a 2 inch step going from the garage to the driveway and twisted my ankle and scraped my knee. Fun. My leg hurts and my face is being eaten. Bleh.

In more exciting news, Charlotte officially has a tooth. Well, at least a very teeny part of a tooth. Sometime between Thursday when she was using my fingers as a gnawing toy, and Friday evening when she was using my fingers as a gnawing toy, a tooth broke through. I've suspected that it was only a matter of time because we've been dealing with teething behavior for weeks now, but it never ceases to surprise me when the little buggers just show up. You still can't really see her tooth, but its her bottom right one, and I'm sure that the bottom left will appear very shortly. I need to get a few more toothless grin shots taken because once babies get teeth its never the same. You can never capture that mouth full of gums look again. Sad. She is growing up so fast. They always do.....and although it makes me a little sad, I am mostly happy, because as the time passes she seems to be growing out of her fussiness and that makes life a lot more joyful. Oh, I almost forgot. At Thanksgiving yesterday, Charlotte was totally stranger wary. And the weirdest was that she cried when her Grandma held her whom she has seen the most of anyone else and she loved being held by her Aunt Erin whom she hasn't seen since August. Very strange indeed. Hopefully she outgrows this and doesn't turn into a clingy child.....I don't think this will last though!

I give props to anyone who went out shopping yesterday....you are brave indeed. When people start getting killed on black Friday because of sheer greed, I make sure to stay home. I can't believe that people are getting mauled and killed by strangers trying to get a good deal on a big screen tv. Is it really worth it? I would tend to think not. So, I stayed home.....or rather went to eat turkey, and have no Christmas shopping done, but hey.....at least I'm alive right? Sounds like a deal that I can live with. Get it?? Live with. lol. I'm so not funny! I will probably do what I've done the past 4 years and order everything online and let it show up on my doorstep. No circling the parking lots looking for a space, no standing in line waiting for a cashier, no lugging bags around......just me in my pajamas in the comfort of my home clicking my way towards Christmas cheer. The older I get the less capable I am of dealing with all that is Christmas shopping. I hate it. Much easier to let everything come to me. Now I just need to figure out what I want to buy.....that really is the eternal question, or maybe it's goobers or raisinettes. Becky should catch that....or maybe I'm just old. lol Anyway......

Hope everyone had as great a Thanksgiving as I did!! Enjoy your left overs.....we didn't take much because we are starting the South Beach diet, but more about that later. Gobble gobble!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ooh, I wish I did catch that...if I'm the Becky you are referring to. I'm guessing it was when we saw 5 1/2 movies in one day and it had something to do with getting snacks at some point..... :)

Ok, I need to post faster because I'll look like I'm copying you! Declan also has his first tooth, also bottom right, and also not really that visible! But I can DEFINITELY feel it! It's like a razor in his mouth!

Glad to hear your day went well and you didn't die! :)

County McCounterson